Thursday, September 1, 2005

Thursday September 01, 2005

I talked to Dad today. He was very chatty. He went home yesterday. He forgot to call me but that’s okay. I’m sure it was a real challenge just to get home. Because of his incision he has a very difficult time setting up for very long and it’s an hour’s drive from the hospital to where they live. He said his appetite is starting to come back but it takes him over an hour to eat. He can’t eat anything sweet. Not because he’s not allowed but because anything sweet, (like canned peaches for instance), tastes syrupy sweet and he can’t handle it. He thinks its some of the meds they have him on.


I thought I would show you a picture of my horse Blue Boy who was steel gray when I bought him 10 years ago but is white now.  

This is Blue in 1995. He was six years old. Of course to be fair I don't look the same either!



This is Blue taken May of this year (2005)

Doesn’t look like the same horse does it? (Doesn't look like the same woman either!)

 

 

 

 



Excerpt from my journal May 2000


I know I belong here (here meaning the church I’m part of). That part is settled. But where does the prophecies (words spoken over me) come in? It was said I had the spirit of an evangelist, gifts of healing and prophecy. Am I where (position in the church) I’m supposed to be or did I just get here because someone thought that’s where I belonged.

 

You know better than that. You know you didn’t just get where you are because someone thought you’d fit. I’ve been orchestrating and stretching, making room for you in this place. Grafting you, weaving you in this place. You are a key part of the harvest.

 

How? And what do you mean by “key”.

 

It doesn’t matter how, but it does matter that you are. Remember I told you, you’re a harvest house. You and Doyle.

 

Are you sure? It doesn’t seem that way.

 

Yes, I’m sure. It’s not about “what seems to be” its about “what is”. I’ll say it again you are “result oriented”. It’s not about results its about you and me. Our relationship. Out of our relationship will come results but results are not your focus.

 

You’re right Lord. I want to see things happen. I want to see the stuff. You said I’d see the stuff.

 

You will see the “stuff” as you call it but that is not to be your focus. Look at Me. Focus on Me. Don’t get distracted. You get easily distracted. Don’t let the “stuff” distract you. I’m preparing you Daughter for that time. I love you My Daughter. I am so pleased with you. You are My precious treasure.

Most assuredly, I say to you, He who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. John 14:12

No comments:

Post a Comment