Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday, 21 September 2005

Wednesday, 21 September 2005

Well this has been a rather exciting day…in the sense that I’ve been glued to the TV watching the progress of Hurricane Rita. I called my mother again this morning. She still didn’t seemed too concerned. I called my brother and he agreed with me she needed to come up here. Vanessa called her but got her voice mail at work but she did leave a message. I got home and I learned that Rita had become a category 5! I told Doyle about what my mother said. He said “maybe she will listen to her son-in-law”. He tried to call her on all three numbers but all the circuits were busy. I finally got through to her. She told me she was leaving tomorrow morning! Thank you Lord! I’ll feel much better when she actually gets here.  My dear sweet husband called her tonight before church and told her to head out as early as possible!

Not much else going on. Hurricane Rita is the topic of every conversation. I’m sure you already are but please pray….this could be as devastating or more so than Katrina if God does not intervene. Thankfully because of Katrina many people have evacuated ahead of the storm. The local weather forecasters are saying that we could have up to 60 MPH winds from Rita here where we live and we are about 400 miles away from the gulf!

Excerpt from my journal June 2002

 

Oh, My Child. O My Precious Daughter. You are so lovely. You are so beautiful to Me. You bring Me great delight and I won’t contain it. I will shout it from the mountain tops, “Look at My Daughter. See how her heart is for Me. How she causes great emotion to be stirred within Me.” You bring Me such joy in your desire to please Me. I am deeply moved and I want to move heaven and earth just for you but I do restrain Myself for your good. There will come a time I will move heaven and earth on your behalf but not yet. I love being with you. Keep coming. I am preparing you to receive My secrets. My treasures. Precious things. I’m preparing you for a new level of ministry. This has and is preparation time. Don’t despise this time. This time of preparation is very crucial for the next phase of your journey. Don’t fret over your seemingly minstryless life. There is plenty of time for that. Use your time wisely. Spend time with Me in My word, in worship. The days of leisure will not always be. There is a season of work to come. The harvest will be work. Long hours, long days, long nights and there will be joy at the fruit of your labor but you will also miss these moments you are having now. Enjoy where you are at every point. I will be with you. I will always be with you. Don’t forget the Source of your ability, your strength, your power. Don’t forget where to get recharged and don’t forget to plug in. Exciting days are ahead for you and Doyle. Don’t forget who you are and where you came from. Great and mighty things I’m going to do in the midst of you and Doyle. Fasten your seat belt. You are in for the ride of your life! Do not fear. I will be with you and will uphold you with My righteous right hand. People will be totally amazed at your power. Be careful to not fall into the enemy’s trap of pride. Remember your source. Remember, always remember, how much I love you.

 
Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Isaiah 49:15-16 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment