Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday September 12, 2005

Our church will be having Presbytery Services October 2nd and 3rd. Doyle and I have been invited to be candidates. For those who do not know a presbytery is when seasoned prophetic ministers speak over your life. This is where 2 or 3 elder type prophets from other congregations come to lay hands on you and to allow God’s word to be spoken over you for encouragement, exhortation and direction. This word presbytery is found in scripture in 1 Timothy 4:14 Do not neglect the spiritual gift within you, which was bestowed on you through prophetic utterance with the laying on of hands by the presbytery. (New American Standard Bible) Hence where the term came from.

There are several candidates. I happen to know who all of them are since I mailed out the letter. There are seven couples and two individuals. Doyle and I participated in one in 1998. We are very ready to do this again as we are anxious to know the direction God would have us take in this phase of our life. We are being asked to commit to spending time with God in addition to what we are already doing to ask Him to prepare us. We are also being asked to commit to fasting one meal a day or portions of a meal a day for the next three weeks. I could really use ya’lls prayers as I don’t do well with fasting. I love to eat and it’s difficult for me to go without. I know I can do it…but not without God’s help! I want to be obedient in this area. And this isn’t even a hard fast! It’s not like the pastor is asking me to fast everything!

 

Excerpt from my journal September 2001

 

Am I doing what I’m supposed to be? Am I where I’m supposed to be? I’m 41 yrs old. My life in earthly terms is half over! What should my goals be? I’m not good at setting goals. I’ve heard it said that without goals you go nowhere. Is that what’s happening to me? There has to be more than this. There has to be. Is this all there is?

 

You try too hard. I like that you pursue excellence but sometimes you are over zealous in your pursuit. In your over zealousness you lose perspective and begin to think the excellence is up to you. The excellence is up to Me through you. It is Me in you who is mighty. It is the Me in you who is the overcomer. It is Me in you not you. Being led by the Spirit is like learning to use the current and the wind. You go with it not against it. You use it to get where I need you to be.

 

Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:4-5 NKJV

 

Had to work at Drive Safe tonight. I called Doyle when I got home since I have to drive across the river. He told me he thought he’d be home in the morning. I said “what do you mean you THINK you’ll be home.” He said that there wasn’t anyone to work at the other station tomorrow. That shift will be two people short! He did go on to say he wasn’t going to work it. I said that’s good. You don’t need to! I just don’t want something really serious to happen to get the higher ups attention to this on going problem! This is the week that he changes shifts and they have him working a weird shift.  Tomorrow night he has to go in for mandatory training from 6pm to 9pm.  Then he’s supposed to go in to work a 24 hr shift starting at 7PM instead of the usual 7AM.  So he will work Wed. 7PM until Thursday 7PM. Then he’s off until he starts his new shift which is Friday at 7AM! His butt is already dragging from the two extra shifts he worked this past week. Well, enough of that. Ya’ll know how I feel. I should be taking my complaint to Father God and letting Him deal with this instead of just complaining! That’s a novel thought! Wow, casting my care! What an excellent idea!

 

…casting all your care on Him for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7 NKJV

 

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved. Psalm 55:22 NKJV

 

Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment