Monday, September 5, 2005

Monday September 05, 2005

It’s been a mostly restful weekend. Mom went to church with us Sunday morning before going to my brother’s until today. Attendance was way down this week due to the holiday weekend. It was different but still good.

After church went home and cooked lunch for Doyle, Vanessa, her friend Lindsey and Keannon. Had grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, tossed salad and rolls. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

Vanessa did some class work for her internet class. Lindsey watched a movie and played with Kaidence. I cropped in the kitchen getting some more scrapbook pages done in Vanessa’s rodeo Album.

My niece who spent several weeks with us this summer came over to spend the night. Of course that was about all we saw her. As soon as she got here it was time to go to youth then we didn’t see her again until midnight (the curfew we set when she visits!) She left this morning at 8:30AM. Of course we know that she doesn’t really come to see us but the young man from our church that she likes. I am really curious to see how long this relationship lasts. She’s 16. He’s 17. Odds are it won’t but there are always those few exceptions. They both know Jesus so that’s a plus.

Today was spent being “laid back”. Made breakfast of pancakes and bacon. I don’t fix them very often but when I do I make them from scratch not a mix. We’ve stayed under the A/C. Sure wish I had a pool! It’s 100 degrees! I thought the forecast was to not have anymore 100 degree days….well that’s the down side to getting your forecast from the metroplex 45 miles away.

I’ve completed some more pages for Vanessa’s rodeo scrapbook. That’s about all I did! I enjoyed not having to go anywhere or do anything! Back to regular routine tomorrow.

Excerpt from my journal August 2000

 

Daddy, I love you. You are so wonderful. There is no one, there is no thing like You or compares to You. I want to see more of You, know more of You and I want others to be able to do the same. I want more Daddy. I want more. Your word says this:

 

If anyone is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. Whoever believes in Me as the scripture has said streams of living water will flow from within. John 7:37-38.

 

I’m thirsty, I’ve come, I’ve drank, I believe. Are there really streams of living water coming out of me?

 

Yes, My Dear One. Remember the saying “you can’t see the forest for the trees?” Well, that analogy fits you. You can’t see the water for the stream. It’s so much of who you are now that it comes very naturally to you. Why do you think people are drawn to you? It’s the life they see. They are a desert. Every time they are around you they get refreshed. They see the life in you that others don’t have. You’re different.

 

Look forward to hearing how everyone’s holiday weekend went.

No comments:

Post a Comment