Thursday, September 29, 2005

Thursday, 29 September 2005

Well, just a quick post to let everyone know I will be out of pocket most of the weekend. I am so excited….Today was really good! The cold front came through! It was 61 this morning! The high was about 79! Great riding weather and I took full advantage of it! Even with my horse missing a shoe! I just rode him in the pasture so it wasn’t hard on him. It was a delight to just be with my buddy! I talked to the Lord and just enjoyed being in His creation and on His creation! It was really nice. The farrier comes Saturday to shoe so next time maybe I will take him somewhere besides round and round the pasture!

 

Tomorrow as soon as I can gather my scrapbooking supplies and my overnight bag I’ll be headed to the Scrapbook Retreat! It’s not a fancy one like some you may have read about. Just plain raw scrapbooking time! With an entire 6ft table to myself!!!! WOOHOO! Cathy (the owner of the Scrapbook store and one behind the retreat) said she would take us back to town to raid her store for more supplies around 11PM. That should be so much fun!!! Her husband is doing all the cooking and she is having some vendors out to show us some new things! Cathy calls them “ding-ding moments”. I’m spending Friday and Saturday night. I’m coming home Sunday morning for church and then Doyle and I have the Presbytery Sunday and Monday night! I’m sure I’ll be getting my Sunday afternoon nap in and of course have to catch some football!

 

So with all that said. I don’t know for sure when I’ll be back on. I’ll try to catch up as soon as I can. Hope everyone else has as great a weekend or better than me!

 

Gee, I’m getting to do all things I love, ride my horse, scrapbook and get a fresh word from God….doesn’t get much better than that!

 

Excerpt from my journal January 2003

 

Oh, Valerie, you are worried about so many things. Who are you trusting in or What are you trusting in?

 

I guess I’m obviously not trusting You or I wouldn’t be worried. That’s a good question. What am I trusting in? I guess I’d have to say I was trusting in my husband , myself and our ability.

 

Good answer. And can you with all confidence trust yourself or Doyle to get you through this?

 

No

 

Do you really want to waste your energy trying to figure out everything?

 

No

 

Then look at Me. Put your confidence in Me. Put your trust in Me. Put your HOPE in Me.

 

I know that I’m supposed to do that but I can’t seem to get my heart lined out to cooperate with what my head knows.

 

That’s not your job either. That’s Mine. I give you the easiest thing to do. Look at Me. Come to Me. Talk to Me. Every time you find yourself thinking about how to do it, how to figure it out. How’s it all going to work. Just call out to Me. Ask Me for help. It’s hard for you to ask for help isn’t it?

 

You know it is. You know everything. You just asked me that so I could hear myself.

 

To ask for help doesn’t mean you are weak or powerless. On the contrary. It takes lots of strength and courage to ask for help. I didn’t create you to be a loner. I created Eve because Adam was alone. Because everyone is different we need each other in order for all gifts and talents to be used. You can’t have a family with one person. It takes a woman and a man. Not one or the other.

 

That’s a really good point. Ok so all I have to “do” is when I begin to think about stuff and find myself trying to figure it out or work it out myself, I’m to call to you to help me?

 

That’s right. Pretty easy huh?!

 

Yeah. Almost too easy.

 

Remember “no sweat” ministry.

 

Ok I get it. Remind me though because you know how easily I forget.

 

That’s why I gave you My Holy Spirit.

 

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:26-27 

No comments:

Post a Comment