Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Tuesday September 13, 2005

Didn’t ride my bike to work today. Had too many errands to run. Not that I can’t do it on my bike…it just takes more time. I also wanted to bring home my guitar from church so get ready to lead worship Wednesday night. After work I went to the Super Center to get a tube for my bike (I’ve been riding Vanessa’s because I had a flat). Stopped in at CVS to buy some magnetic picture frames…Walmart didn’t have any (go figure!). I have some pictures from rodeo I’ve been meaning to give to a friend and am just now getting around to it! When I got to CVS I discovered that I left my checkbook at Walmart! Well, I nearly panicked!! One because I thought I left it at the self check out and two because it has my driver’s license in it!! I go back to Walmart and there it was, right where I left it! Thank you Lord!!! I then went home.

I rode my bike about 3:30pm as I didn’t ride it this morning. Gosh it’s hot again today! Nearly 100! It was so nice yesterday upper 80’s and overcast off and on. Should have went to ride…oh well…I didn’t because I knew I had to work at Drive Safe and didn’t really have enough time. I’ll be so glad when it’s cooler and I can ride more! I’ve ridden maybe three times since I got the horses shod and it’s time again to call the farrier! I did bring home my saddle to clean and oil as the leather is squeaking because it’s so dry. I keep my tack in the tack room of my horse trailer and the heat we have isn’t good on leather! I haven’t had a chance to do it yet. So many things to do so little time to get it all done!!

I have leadership meeting tonight at our Pastor’s home. We meet once a month. I really look forward to these as they feed us dinner. Pastor’s wife is a very good cook. We’ve had anything from steak/baked potatoes, to sandwiches. Even sandwiches are good because she buys all kinds of meats, cheeses and breads. It’s not just a sandwich it’s like going to the deli and making your own. Really good!! Then we talk about what’s going on in our lives, our cell groups, things going on in the church. This is where the pastor and his wife give us vision, direction. We pray together about things regarding the church and they pray for us individually. Sometimes we even spend sometime in worship together. We meet at their house at 7PM and leave anywhere from 11PM or 12AM depending on how much we need to talk or pray. I told you all that to say I probably won’t be on later….it all depends on when I get home.

Excerpt from my journal May 2003

I was reading in Matthew today. I though this would be a good place since this is the book that our pastor’s wife is teaching on Wednesday nights. We’re going to be in chapter 5 so that’s where I was reading. The beatitudes.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

The footnotes in my Bible (Spirit-Filled Life Bible NKJV) says that “poor in spirit” are those who recognize their spiritual poverty and cast aside all self-dependence, seek God’s grace.

Father, am I “poor in spirit”? I don’t always cast aside all self-dependence. There are times I still try to “do it myself”. I want to be totally dependent on You.

Let me be the judge of your character. Your vision is impaired. Besides it’s not your job. It’s Mine. I am the Judge- not you.

Okay, so….am I “poor in spirit”?

Yes and no. But do not despair because I am at work in you! I am doing the work. Even when you don’t “see anything” I am still at work on your behalf and I will complete what I’ve started. Don’t look at “the time”. Fix your eyes on Me. Have I ever lied to you?

No

And I never will. If I said it…I will do it!

 

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled.

 

Am I really hungering and thirsting for righteousness?

 

Of course you are! Would you be so concerned with your spiritual growth if you weren’t?

 

I guess not.

 

That’s right you wouldn’t. You are no fake or phoney and you don’t like playing games - almost to a fault. What I mean is sometimes you are just “too serious”. Lighten up on yourself. I’m not making any demands on you. You don’t make any demands on you either. Trust Me Daughter. Just trust Me.

 

Oh, Daddy. I want too wholeheartedly, I want to trust You.

 

I know you do and that desire brings me such joy! I’m working that in you. You do trust more than you used to. Until there is a test its hard to measure the growth of your trust.

 

Does that mean a “test” is coming?

 

Why do you worry so? Just the mention of a test makes you tense and fearful.

 

Yes it does. Because I want to do well. I don’t want to fail.

 

You’re looking at it all wrong. Don’t think of it as a test. Think of it as “practice”! You can’t get better at something unless you practice. When you practice it isn’t failing. You just keep practicing until you make fewer mistakes and get better at what you’re practicing.

 

That’s good Daddy. I like that idea better. OK I’ll try to think of it as “practice”.

 

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things - and the things that are not - to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before Him. It is becaus of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God - that is, our redemption. Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:27-31 NIV

Hope everyone has a great evening!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment