Saturday, September 10, 2005

Saturday September 10, 2005

Something needs to be done in our local government. My husband (Doyle) is a firefighter/EMT. He has worked for the city 20 years next month. Thanks to a former fire chief we have two fire stations but no more personnel. There are two people that are housed at each station. It is protocol to have two people on an ambulance call. So the station is unmanned when they receive a call. Our department also has part time people who work generally for other departments and come over here on their days off. In addition to that the fire department is assisted by volunteers. I tell you all this because Doyle just got home this morning after working his regular shift yesterday (24 hours). They work 24 hrs and are supposed to be off 48hrs. He was home 2 hours when the fire department called to see if he would come back and work today because they were short handed and couldn’t get anyone else to work! Everyone is so overworked that no one wants to work extra. He already worked an extra shift on Wednesday. It wasn’t a full 24 hrs but he went in at 11am so that’s 20! This is what Doyle worked this week…regular shift Tuesday 7AM. Gets off Wednesday morning 7AM. He goes back in at 11AM and works until Thursday 7AM. Then he goes back Friday at 7AM. Got off at 7AM this morning and 2 hours later went back in to work until Sunday 7AM! He’s check will be nice but I’m concerned about him not getting enough rest and getting burned out. They are allowed to sleep provided they don’t get any calls….which rarely happens! It will be bad next week too as department heads have decided to move Doyle to another shift to even out the number of paramedics and EMT’s. His regular shift next week is Monday 7AM to Tuesday 7AM. Then Tuesday night he has to go to mandatory training from 6:30PM until 9:30PM. Then He goes in Wednesday 7PM until Thursday 7PM and then starts his new shift Friday 7AM-Saturday 7AM.

If ya’ll wouldn’t mind would you pray for him grace and stamina. This job can be very stressful especially in the size town we live in as he runs the risk of picking up someone he knows. He has lived here his entire life and he knows LOTS of people.

We got my sister-in-law off to Austin in my truck after breakfast. Her daughter is the one who stayed with us this summer. She came with her to stay with us while her mom made the trip. She had a fender bender today! Guess this thing is running in the family (I hope not!) This was her first and she was extremely upset.  It did minimal damage to her vehicle I didn’t see the other so don’t know how much it did to the other vehicle.

 Vanessa and Keannon invited me to go to lunch with them. We ate at one of my favorite Mexican food places Pulidos.

Worked tonight at Drive Safe. Was rather slow so got out on time tonight. 

Excerpt from my journal March 2001

 

My Child, I have heard your prayer and am answering. I began to answer even before you formed the words of your request because I saw the desire in your heart and it moved Me.

 

It is still hard for me to accept the fact that what I do moves You. You, Almighty God, creator of the universe are moved by me? I know I still don’t grasp how much You love me. I want to. My prayer is as the scripture says in Ephesians 3 That you would grant me according to the riches of your glory to be strengthened with might through your spirit in the inner man. That Christ would dwell in my heart through faith, that I would be rooted and grounded in love that I may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and heighth that I would know the love of Christ and be filled with all the fullness of You!

 

I am doing that. You aren’t rooted or grounded yet but you are rooting and being grounded. You’re more rooted and grounded than you think. Roots can never get too deep. The deeper they go the more grounded you become and nothing will move you. Keep pursuing to know Me to be with Me and you will know Me more. My fullness is in you. It’s being released like a time release capsule. When it’s time, more is released. I don’t want to overwhelm you or anyone else.

 

Am I really doing what You want. I really feel like a failure.

 

You may fail but I never fail. My strength is made perfect in weakness.

 

Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for You. Jeremiah 32:17 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment