Saturday, September 3, 2005

Saturday September 03, 2005


I started the day by sleeping in (for me) until 9AM. Got ready for the birthday breakfast I told you about yesterday. Vanessa and I rode our bikes to the restaurant (only 1.5 miles). There were 8 of us. We had a great time of fellowship. Came back and ironed (Yuck!) Finished a letter to my great Aunt and took it to the post office (on my bike, 1 mile).  When I got back to the house Keannon was here to eat lunch. He is on duty today. After Mom arrived we gave her time to catch her breath before we took her for her manicure/pedicure. Then we took her to the newly opened Super Center Walmart and by the store Vanessa manages (the WOLY Board Co.). We waited for Keannon to get off duty before we took Mom to dinner. When we arrived, Doyle’s shift from the Fire Department were just leaving after having eaten there. Pretty good day.

 

Excerpt from my journal August 2000

 

What do You think about me Dad? Do You really think about me all the time? Do You really enjoy me? Are You really pleased with Me? What’s holding me back? I feel as though I’ve come so far and I can’t go any further.

 

Yes, I really think about you all the time.

 

How can You do that?

 

I’m God. I can do anything and yes I really enjoy you. You’re sleepy “Daddy I’m so tired” each morning is cute to Me. Not because you’re tired but just because I adore you.

 

How can I please You and bring honor and glory to your name?

 

You bring honor and glory to my name because You are Valerie and you say yes to Me.

 

Is that really enough? I would like to do more for you.

 

Yes, that’s all that is required. I know you want to do more. I know you mean well but if I let you do things your tendency is to focus on the “doing for Me” instead of “being with Me”. I just want you to be with Me. There is time for the “doing” if you will first take time with Me.

 

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Hope everyone continues to have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment