Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunday, 25 September 2005

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven’t posted for a couple of days. I’ve been busy! I was scrapbooked most of the day Friday. Right after work I went to the scrapbook store and cropped the afternoon then went to my Creative Memory Consultant’s house. I was in and out of the house just long enough to trade out supplies and didn’t get home until 12:30AM. My mom came with me and got a chance to visit with people she knew from the days my dad was pastor of the church there.

 

Doyle and Keannon got off to the men’s retreat Friday morning. Going to play golf before heading on to the retreat site. I’ve been praying that they encounter God in a powerful way while they are gone.

 

Saturday when I got up the first thing I did was get the update on hurricane Rita. Houston was spared.  Since the hurricane went east of Houston, Mother decided to go home. First we went shopping and bought Vanessa gifts for her birthday then when we returned to the house she packed up and headed out. She left at noon. Evidently some others from that area decided to do the same thing. She went the back roads again going home but about two hours out of Houston she got in a traffic jam. She followed a “hunch” (most likely a prompting from the Holy Spirit) and followed a man on a motorcycle who took her around the traffic jam and to the road she needed! The five-hour trip still took her 7 ½ hours. She said everything appeared to be okay and she had electricity. Didn’t get to talk to her long as she was getting beeped she had another call.

 

I am concerned that if this scenario should develop again not as many people will heed the warning next time.  I don’t know if I would have convinced my mother to come when she did if her office building hadn’t closed down! We unfortunately didn’t get any rain as I had hoped out of this system. It stayed east of Dallas. We did get some wind….nothing  more than one might get on a blustery fall day.

 

After Mom left I called my friend and cell group member Jean. Do you remember me telling you about another cell member I have that because of Diabetes was having a lot of trouble with her foot. She had broke it and had surgery to repair. Because she had no family here to take care of her she temporarily went to a nursing home as she wasn’t to put any weight on that foot for two months. Her name is Sherri. I called Jean to go with me to Sherri’s apartment to tidy and freshen up her apartment. She still had dishes in the sink, trash that need taken out and laundry to do. Sherri may get to come home Tuesday after she sees the doctor. She is currently able to get around with a walker putting light weight on her foot.

 

Jean and I then went to the Scrapbook store to buy a gift certificate for a dear friend and former neighbor Ginger. Her birthday was yesterday. She is saving for a cruise that her family is planning on taking over Christmas so she hasn’t been able to crop much lately.

 

By the time I took Jean home and got home myself I didn’t have long before I had to go to work at Drive Safe.

 

I got home from work and started making Vanessa’s birthday cake. Doyle hadn’t made it in yet. I continued to wash and fold more of Sherri’s laundry. She had been off her foot so long she had about 5 loads! I wished she had said something. I didn’t even think about it. Anyway, her laundry will be done when she does come home. I also wrapped the gifts I got for Vanessa and put in her room. Since she went to spend the weekend with a friend she wasn’t home and wouldn’t be until today so I wrote Happy Birthday Punkin! Love Mom on her mirror with lipstick! She thought that was funny!

 

Doyle got home about 11:45PM. We talked about the retreat. Some really good things happened there. I think all the guys got something. I think I will learn more in the days ahead. It takes men longer to process and talk about those type of things. They had a total of 17 guys which is a pretty good group for us!

 

As you can see today is my daughter’s birthday! So wanted everyone to know. After church we took her out to eat for her birthday. We drove to Weatherford (a neighboring town 18 miles away) to eat at “On the Border”. We then came home and all of us took naps. Tried to watch the football game but wasn’t too exciting. I did get to see the best part in the last two minutes when the Cowboys pulled it out and won 34 to 31! Go Boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment