Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday, 27 September 2005

Another very hot day! I feel for those in the hurricane-damaged area who are still without electricity. It’s as hot there temperature wise but the humidity must be horrendous! It was still 100 degrees here at 5pm! There is hope on the way. Weather forecasters are saying a cold front is on the way and will bring our temps back down to normal. Thank you Lord. We need some relief!!

 

I am grieving the loss of my computer at work. It died yesterday! I came into work this morning and discovered it was off. That was strange as I had left it on yesterday for my weekly Norton Anti-Virus check. I was mumbling under my breath about my boss turning it off as I turn it back on. I hear strange noises coming from my computer. I think to myself “that’s not normal”. All I get is a black screen with the words “operating system not found”. WHAT!!!! Then the phone rings. It’s Pastor. He says “how ya doin”. My first response was “okay”. Then I said “well, not really. I think my computer died.” He said “ya, it died yesterday.” He told me he was in his office when he heard a loud noise. At first he thought it was outside then he realized it was inside the office and tracked it down to my computer. That’s why he shut it off. He told me to take it to the computer store to see if anything could be done. I did. The guy told me “You’re hard drive is shot.” I asked if he could retrieve any data. He said he doubted it but he would give it a try. I went back to the office pleading with God to let him be able to retrieve my data. Unfortunately, I have backed up some programs but not very recently and my document files I’ve not backed up at all!!!! Thirty minutes later he calls with the sad news that it’s a loss cause! I am really bummed to put it lightly! Everything I do is on the computer! Church financial records, church family records, the bulletin, the newsletter (which by the way was supposed to go out today…that didn’t happen)! Church email! I can go on but I think you get the point! The only thing I can do that I don’t do on the computer is make out the bank deposit!

Thankfully there is another computer in the office that is available for people in the church to use in the other part of the office. I can at least get the bulletin and newsletter done this week. I had saved the bulletin and newsletter format on a CD so I didn’t have to build those from scratch but all the work I had done previous was all lost. (Sigh). Pastor did say he was going to buy me a new computer but that doesn’t help me right now! I can’t even tell how much money is in the church’s account! UGH!! I shouldn’t be surprised that this happened when the Presbytery service is this coming weekend. Father God, it doesn’t matter if I don’t have a computer, or that I didn’t back up my files as I should have You are still God, You are still good and I know that through all of this You are conforming me to the image of Your Son in whom You love. Thank You that You won’t stop until that is accomplished. Here I am. Have Your way in me!

Excerpt from my journal October 2002


I don’t like me very much.

 

And who made you the judge?

 

I did

 

You’re not qualified to be your own judge.

 

I know that and I don’t want to be I’m just…I don’t know how not to.

 

You start by looking to Me. Coming to Me and asking what I think. What I think is all that really matters. I AM the Author and Finisher. Will I not complete what I’ve started? Have I not said it? Will I not do it? Am I a man that I should lie?  Is anything to hard for Me?

 

No Lord. Nothing is too hard for You. No You never lie. You always tell the truth because You are the truth. If You say You will do something You will do it. You are not a quitter. You always finish what you start. You are the Creator of all things…me included. You didn’t make me wrong. Sin has broken and spoiled me. I do need You because my way of doing things is pretty pathetic. Plus they don’t work. Father I confess that I overeat and I eat for comfort instead of coming to You. I play computer games to comfort myself instead of coming to You. I confess I’ve been focusing on my problems instead of You the problem solver. I’ve been trying to do things myself instead of relying on You.

 

All is forgiven My Child. Now watch Me work. You can come alongside Me. That’s how You learn My ways. Then when You know My ways, you will be better equipped to help Me. I am looking forward to this. Working with My Daughter beside Me. I can’t think of anything better.

Jeremiah 32:17 'Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.

Jeremiah 32:27"Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?

Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Isaiah 43:10-11 You are my witnesses, declares the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I AM He, before Me no god was formed, nor will there be one after Me. I, even I, AM the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment