Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sunday September 11, 2005

 

Doyle and Valerie Light

United in marriage

September 11, 1987

Happy Anniversary!

Yep 18 yrs ago today! Wow! Doesn’t seem possible!

I'll try to post more a little later this evening. I'm hoping we go out to dinner to the Salt Grass Restaurant in Fort Worth

I went and picked up Doyle this morning from work since my sister-in-law had my truck.He came home and promptly went to bed.

Went to church. Lots of people were out today as well. Don’t know why attendance was down. We didn’t have any visitors either. I understood last week with the holiday weekend. Worship was still good. It will always be good no matter how many we have if we all join together to seek Him. After services I didn’t stay long to visit as I knew my sister-in-law would be waiting for us to come home. I fixed lunch. Just plain spaghetti. I’m not a gourmet cook.  I just use a package mix and add tomato paste to make my sauce. Of course add garlic toast and salad.

It was our group’s turn to pack food bags at the Helping Hands Ministry at 3pm so I didn’t get to watch the first half of the game today. Did see the last half and was glad I did!

Nope didn’t get to go to Salt Grass in Fort Worth. It’s a Steak House if any of you don’t know. Our cell group members gave Doyle and I a gift certificate from there for Christmas. We have yet to use it and it’s almost Christmas again! We rarely go to Fort Worth which is the closest one and that’s 45 miles away. I figured our anniversary was a good time to do that. Guess we’ll just have to do it some other time. Hopefully before December!

Excerpt from my journal June 2001

 

Oh, My Child. It grieves Me to see you struggle so. Rest in Me. Rest on Me. Let Me be your peace. Cease your striving. Cease your doing. Come away to Me. Let Me restore you. Let Me fill you. The worry has been so deep you haven’t even been aware that’s what is eating at you. You’re so afraid you’re going to miss it. You’re so afraid you will miss Me. I want to assure you right now you are not nor will you miss My appearing. I know you have been disappointed. I know you have quit expecting because you didn’t believe that you could handle anymore disappointment. This has been test for you. I know you think you failed but you haven’t. I’ve been building a foundation in you that will never be shaken. I require holiness, purity. I am building a foundation in you that will not be shaken. I am changing your thinking and I am softening your heart. The purification process is on schedule and going as planned. Relax. Rest in Me. All you have to do is come to Me and be honest with Me and yourself. I am pouring out My love. The more love I immerse you in the more the fear must leave. The more love you receive the more worry will be forced out.  Rest My Child, please rest. I will tell you what is required. You have proven yourself to be a diligent worker. Now come be My Daughter. Come let me teach you how to be in My presence how to enjoy sweet fellowship. I will tell you when it’s time to work again. There will be plenty of time for that. Come away Valerie, come away with Me.

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment