Thursday, September 15, 2005

Thursday September 15, 2005

Didn’t ride my bike again today. Had to follow my daughter to the body shop to leave her truck and take her to work.

 

Went and had lunch at Baris today to see my friend Nancy. If you remember she is the one I made the horse scrapbook for. Had a good visit and great food. Needless to say it’s not very “diet friendly.”I was there for an hour and a half.  Started some laundry, washed some dishes and got my saddle out of the garage and brought it in the house to put leather lubricate on it. Wasn’t long before I had to go to work.

 

I intended to take my comforter to the laundry mat to wash since it’s too big for my washer and then promptly forgot the soap (minor irritation). After I got home from work I brought the comforter back inside to put back on the bed cause I didn’t have anything else to put on there (minor irritation). Vanessa’s dog who is very spastic when she gets excited and it doesn’t take much to get her excited. She also “leaks” when she gets excited, or is scared, or is in trouble, well I guess she doesn’t have to have a reason she just does it. Well she is excited that I am home because even though she’s not my dog I am the one who spends the most time with her. Well, I was trying to put the comforter back on the bed and Kaidence comes running down the hall chasing the cat (Speedy) which is very typical. Well, Speedy jumps in the middle of my bed to escape while I’m trying to put the comforter back on the bed.  Kaidence follows. I shoo them both of the bed. As she gets off I realized she has “weedled” (as Vanessa calls it) on the bed (major irritation) Now I have to quickly strip the bed and remake it! UGH!!!! If you can’t tell now…I’m thoroughly irritated! I’m glad tomorrow is another day. Hopefully things will be a bit different.

 

Excerpt from my journal November 2003

 

Daddy do whatever You must do in me. I say yes to Your will and Your way. I want my thoughts to be Your thoughts. My ways, Your ways. Help me get unstuck – please. I need to hear You.

 

You are not as far off as you think. Come to Me My Child. Climb in Daddy’s lap. Your fretting and worrying has made you weary. Come My Daughter. Come sit with Me a while and let Me sing over you. Songs of refreshing, soothing, restoring. Remember I am the author and finisher of your faith. I always finish what I start so do not fear. You are a “work in progress”. You get so hung up on physical time. Relax. You are a spirit being and you have eternity. You are learning to trust Me more. You are becoming more dependent on Me. You don’t stray far from Me anymore. You are learning to stay close. That’s good. Yes, there is uncertainty, but remember I have your best interests at heart. I know what you will like and enjoy more than you. So you’re 43. Big deal! That’s nothing in My kingdom. You’re just getting going good right now. Quit looking at the clock and calendar. Look at Me. I can make time stand still if I need to. Remember? Trust Me. I do know what I’m doing. That should be great comfort to you.

 

It is. Thank You for reminding me.

 

Remember. I’m really big!

 
For you, a thousand years are as yesterday! Psalm 90:4 NLT

 

No comments:

Post a Comment