Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wednesday, 28 September 2005

Day 2 without my computer! I can still work on my newsletter and bulletin. Thank You Lord and I can check the churches email so not all is lost. The biggest thing is paying the bills and the database for church records. I should get a new computer next week. Then I get to put data back in. Oh joy! Can you hear the enthusiasm! (NOT!) I could have totally lost everything and I didn’t. So thank You again Lord.


I spent today getting ready for the scrapbooking retreat! I can hardly wait. It begins Friday and goes through Sunday at 4pm. I will leave Sunday morning. The nice thing is it’s only 15 miles away. So I probably won’t be online until Sunday and it may be Monday as I will probably be pooped and will nap Sunday afternoon. This weekend is the Presbytery so we will be at church Sunday night. Just so you know when you don’t see a new post for a few days. I’ll get back to everyone as soon as I can!

Ahhhh!!! The cold front has finally moved through! Don’t be deceived because it’s NOT cold. Just cooler. Temps tomorrow are supposed to be in the upper 70’s. After being 100 AGAIN today that is a very pleasant change! WOOHOO! I’m going to ride my horse!!!!!! And I have to work tomorrow night so I may not post tomorrow either.

Well that’s about it for today!

Excerpt from my journal November 2002

All I know to do is keep plugging along. Giving You what little I have and trusting You to do something with it.

 Give Me your little and I’ll give you My lot. Give Me your everything and I’ll give you My everything.

Are You sure? That is way out of balance. It seems to me You’re being “short changed” or getting the “short end”.

That’s worldly thinking. You have to think in heavenly terms. Heavenly things do not make human sense but they do make Godly sense.

I so need my mind renewed. I think earthly most of the time. Lord how can I be in tune with Your spirit when we’re not on the same “wave length”.

 That requires more time in the secret place.

I know. I’ve been trying.

 

No, you’ve been striving. What you’ve done today is trying. When you try you make an effort whether you succeed or fail. When you strive, you are determined (teeth gritted) to do that “thing” successfully. Your “trying” I will receive and bless and multiple. Your striving I won’t because it is flesh, it is law and it is death. Relax, cease striving. I love you. I love the time we spend no matter how much or how little. I am working in you to accomplish My purposes. Don’t worry, don’t fret, your progress isn’t your responsibility. It’s Mine. Rest in that. I want you to have joy My Child. I want you to be happy again. Give your cares to Me. You have made so much progress. You are maturing and turning into a beautiful bride just as my church. If you only knew what the coming days were like. You would not believe. Enjoy where you are be content where you are right now. Everything in your journey is important to experience and remember. There are others who will struggle with the same thing and will need encouragement to keep on even as you have received encouragement. My Daughter I do not condemn you, so please do not condemn yourself. That makes Me very sad. There is very good stuff inside of you. Stuff I have put there and stuff you will share with others. You will bring forth fruit. I promise. You will see the harvest. I promise. You will be part of that harvest. I promise. You will see great things. I promise but most of all, I will be with you no matter what…I promise.

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through Him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20 NIV


As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is My word that goes out from My mouth: It will not return to Me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11 NIV 

No comments:

Post a Comment