Friday, September 2, 2005

Friday September 02, 2005

I did ride my bike to work today! 5 miles round trip. Looks like our little community is getting some of the evacuees from Louisiana. Our local organization New Haven Helping Hands that helps clothe and feed the needy in our community called our church today to tell me about 80 of them were coming and the ministry’s need for non-perishable food, toiletry items, diapers, etc. I’m not sure where they will be staying as we have a hard time just housing the people in our area.

Keannon came by and wanted to have lunch with Doyle and I. He’s on days now. Working 6AM-6PM. He told me to call him when I got home. So finished the bulletin and peddled home. We decided to go to Pizza Hut and have their buffet lunch. We get there about 1:35PM. Discovered the buffet ends at 1:30PM. They said we could eat what was on the buffet but they wouldn’t be putting out anymore pizza. Doyle knew that Keannon’s time was limited so we discussed whether we should go somewhere else when the waitress tells us “it only takes 7 minutes and it will be ready. We decided to stay and order a pizza. We get our drinks and place our order. 15 minutes later the waitress comes back and says “you don’t have your pizza yet”. (where’s your sign!) I’m thinking “do you see a pizza!!!” We politely said no. She goes to check and comes back with a pizza in a box and said it was set aside as a delivery. (where were they going to deliver it to?) She asked if we wanted it or a fresh one. Keannon wanted another one so we wait some more for another pizza. We were there over an hour! Doyle in the middle of all this said “this is why I hate this place”. Evidently the service has never been very good. We usually order in and have it delivered.

Later that afternoon my dear friend Jean called to see if she could come kidnap me to spend some time together. She teaches school at a private Christian school and it’s hard to get together when school is in session. I said “sure, come get me”. We go to the new coffee house in town H2JO. My second time this week. I went Tuesday with another friend and cell group member.

Doyle and I just hung out this evening at home. He is still glued in front of the TV flipping through all the news channels watching the coverage Katrina’s destruction. I can’t stand to watch all that.  I chose to do some cropping. I got four more pages down of Vanessa’s Rodeo Album.

I am off all weekend! WOOHOO! I don't know how I managed that with the other job too!

In the morning am going to breakfast with the ladies from church for one of my friends birthdays. Her birthday was actually Wednesday but we are celebrating it tomorrow. It's always a lot of fun to get together with everyone.  My Mom should be here by early afternoon.

Excerpt from my journal June 2000

Father, I ask for a heart like Yours. I ask to be able to see what You see, feel what You feel. I want to know what makes You laugh, what makes You cry. I want to know You. I don't want to just know about You. I want to know You.

 

Valerie, I've heard the cries of your heart. I have heard and I will answer. I will answer even greater than what you expect. I will whanswer what you have asked and even what you have not asked but desire. I know it seems as though I ahve acted slowly but you also know I am a God of "suddenlys". There are some suddenlys coming your way. I will not say specifically what they are because you would lose your focus and begin to look for "that thing". I need you to stay focused now more than ever.

Call to Me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know. Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV

 

Hope everyone has a super weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment