Thursday, August 4, 2005

Thursday August 04, 2005

I talked to Dad yesterday and today. Yesterday he sounded much better than the day before and today he sounded stronger too.  In fact he chuckled a couple of times. And today he outright laughed! The diagnosis is still colitis and c-def? whatever I told you in the post before about the good and bad bacteria. As of yesterday he hadn't had anything to eat since Monday. The doctor wanted to give his colon a rest! They have started him on jello and broth. He thought if he continued to improve they might let him go home tomorrow. The church he pastors is in the midst of VBS this week. Many people have stepped up to the plate to help. Thanks to all of you who have prayed and are still praying. I so appreciate you!

These are some of my favorite pics of my favorite place to ride. It's on about 1200 acres. The only way to it is by horseback or 4 wheeler. Destination is a cliff overlooking the Brazos River. Nancy calls it the "Magic Rock" It does seem to have a certain "feel" about it but I wouldn't call it magical. I'd call it getting close to my Creator. We both took turns expressing ourselves on that rock.

Nancy believes in God but doesn't have relationship with Him. I'm praying that through our friendship she comes to know the best friend of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment