Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday August 23, 2005

Wow what a day. I received a call this morning from my Uncle with good and bad news. The bad news (I always like to get that out of the way first). Dad’s large intestine had such a severe infection that it was not responding to any antibiotics. He was continuing to get worse. The intestine was so inflamed it was on the verge of bursting. Something needed to be done soon. He recommended surgery to remove his entire large intestine. Now the good news, (yeah) the doctor would in a couple of months or so do surgery to utilize dad’s small intestine to reattach to restore his bodily functions.  I was not prepared for that news this morning. At this point I’m stunned and don’t know what to do. I know that I can’t get to Dad before he goes into surgery. At best I can be there during or right after. Then I start thinking “I should have already been making plans to go instead of waiting until now to decide.” After prayer and talking to my husband and my pastor’s wife we choose to wait. Dad has some of his siblings there and well as other family so he’s not alone. Better to wait and go see him. I’m not sure when yet. Will probably try to coordinate something with my brother and his family.

Back to my Dad. He made it through surgery just fine. Once the doctor was in there what he saw just confirmed what he already believed to be true. The Large Intestine was extremely inflamed and close to bursting. He also said there were parts of it that were very hard. He said surgery was the only option of getting Dad any better. I haven’t had an update since he’s been in recovery. If I get news I’ll update that as soon as I can.

I know God has heard all of your prayers whenever you prayed them. Even though you didn’t know about the surgery, I know you were praying. I did loose my peace for a brief moment when I initially got the news of surgery. It wasn’t that I didn’t think Dad would make it through. I was more upset over the recovery process he will have to go through. My Dad is such an active man and this will be very difficult for him. Though I do believe God will use these circumstances to reveal Himself to Dad in a new and fresh way. That he will have a greater understanding of God’s love for him and what His purpose and destiny is for my Dad. My Dad has a tendency to be in control of anything he’s involved with. For example: He’s the pastor of a church but along with that he is making the bulletin each week, preparing the message for that service, planning the worship service, teaching a Sunday School class! My question is “what is everyone else doing?” And why do they need to do anything if he’s going to do it? Anyway that’s my two scents worth!

Well, that’s life in my world. Pray for me as well to hear God about when to go see my Dad and how long to be there.

Excerpt from my journal September 1999

 

Jesus, Father, do I really belong to You?

 

Yes, My Child. Not only do you belong to Me but you resemble Me. So much so that I could never disown you – not that I would, because I won’t. You know how most all people you know or meet think you and Vanessa favor? And how you have been told you could never disown her because it was obvious you were related because of your likeness? Well, that’s how it is with you and Me. The more you grow the more you look like Me. People are recognizing you belong to Me because you bear My likeness.

 

That’s pretty cool God! Thanks! Daddy, do You love me?

 

Yes, My dear. Let Me count the many ways. I love you. I give you a sunrise and sunset new and different each day. I’ve shown you the deer, coyote, hawks, rabbits. The gentle breezes on your face. My Spirit within you that allows you and I to commune and the songs I’ve placed in your heart.

 

Yes, my Child I love you. I love you so much. I restrain Myself from doing all I would like because it would not be for your best. I want the very best for you. I won’t settle for anything less and I don’t want you to either but I love you too much to make that decision for you. I give you the choice. I want you to choose right, out of your love for Me. As high as the heavens are above the earth so high is the measure of My great love.

I have praise team practice tonight so will try to respond to and make comments when I get home.

Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good. His love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:14 NIV (and in many other places)

No comments:

Post a Comment