Saturday, August 13, 2005

Saturday August 13, 2005

I had a full day. I was looking forward to cropping at least a minimum of 6 hours but that didn’t really happen. I had thought Vanessa and Keannon would be around to let our dog Mercy out during the day since Doyle was on shift at the fire department but alas, they had made plans to go to Hurricane Harbor! So not only did I have to take time to come home to let Mercy out a couple of times I had their dog Kaidence too! I also got an invite to come by a former horse riding buddy’s house to help congratulate her daughter who used to ride with us off to Ross University in the Caribbean for Vet School. To top things off I had to be at work at 5pm today! UGH

I don’t usually do the crops when I have to work but this one was special as it was the owner’s first year anniversary and her birthday and she really wanted me to come. Not that it takes a whole lot to convince me to go to a crop. The crop was to start at 10am. I have a friend from church who helps Cathy out at the scrapbook store and she was going to be there early so I showed up around nine. I got two pages done right away then people started arriving bringing in their stuff and it was hard to get much done for about an hour. My horse riding buddy wanted me to come by about noon so I left about 11:45, went by the house to check on Kaidence and Mercy. Since Kaidence’s bladder isn’t as big as Mercy’s I left her in the backyard with our other dog but still wanted to make sure they had water because Kaidence likes to play in it and splashes it all out. Sure enough all the water was gone and she was wet and muddy! She was so glad to see me she jumps all over getting me muddy! I let Mercy out to relieve herself. I put everyone back in their places and head to my ridding buddy’s house. I was glad I made the effort to go by. As I’m leaving to go back to the scrapbook store a storm had blown up. Doyle wanted me to see if we could put Vanessa’s new pickup in the garage in case it hailed. Well, Vanessa had the extra key so had to leave it outside. (It didn’t hail by the way…it hardly even rained!)

I finally get back to the scrapbook store at 1:30pm. I get a couple more pages done and start on 2 more when it’s time to leave to check on dogs again before going to work! So I leave around 4pm.

The crop was until Midnight so after I got off work I went back to the scrapbook store. I only had about 1 1/2 so didn’t get much done but at least I didn’t have to pack up all my stuff until then. I wasn’t quite as rushed that way.

 Well, must close for tonight. I’ve been gone all day and I’m really beat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment