Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sunday August 28, 2005

It was a full day. We had a lot of visitors today in church. That was good. It was also Communion Sunday. We also had special prayer for Pastor Kirk and our youth pastor Jeromy who are leaving tomorrow for Durban, South Africa. We have been supporting the ministry called Light for the Zulu Nation about 10 years and finally have an opportunity to send out representatives to this ministry.  Kirk and Jeromy will be gone 2 weeks.  They are supposed to preach in a soccer stadium. Pastor Kirk has never done anything like this before. This will be an awesome opportunity.

After church I went home to grab a bite and then go to a 25th wedding anniversary celebration of my friends Teresa and Jose whose property my horses are staying on. Teresa is the one who introduced me to Well of Life Church and discipled me.  Of course while I was there I went out in the pasture to give my guys some treats and rub their heads. I just love Blue. He’s not as pretty since he lost all his color. That’s what happens to gray horses….they turn white. I love his personality though. He loves to have his head rubbed and I like to oblige him. I also like the way he knickers for me. Does my heart good! I hope to go up and ride Tuesday.

I was unable to stay for the whole celebration being cell group was at my house so I needed to get back to make sure my house was in order. I also needed to spend some time asking God what He wanted to do music wise since our group was doing worship and prayer. We had a full house fifteen! If anyone else showed up someone would have to sit on the floor. We need to multiply but are in need of more leaders. The results of growing pains!

 

I talked to Dad in between coming home and getting the house in order. I talked to him the longest thus far. They still haven’t told him when he can expect to go home. He’s not got much of an appetite. They have him on soft foods but he just can’t eat much. He thinks it’s the meds they have him on. He also had the hospital staff put up a not visitor sign today. Guess he was getting over run. He evidently is supposed to talk to someone about life with a colostomy bag. He said it's difficult right now because were it's located is right at his belt line. Said he guessed he'd have to wear overalls for a while. He reminded me he really doesn't like overalls.

After cell was over. Keannon and Vanessa wanted to go ride bikes and I went with them. We rode to the fire station and saw Doyle. He was on duty today. It's right at 3 miles from our house. Now they are watching the movie Major Payne. It's so funny!

It's late so I'm going to close for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment