Monday, August 8, 2005

Monday August 08, 2005

Well, somebody is trying to tell me something. Three different times in the last few days I have written a lengthy post to only have it vanish making me not want to repeat the process and potentially committ Harry Carrie on this computer!! Either the pieces I have written were so good the enemy didn't want me to post or it was something only God wanted me to see. I haven't figured which one. Probably more the latter because I thought it was very good and actually encouraged myself! Well if it is the latter maybe God will allow me to share it in time.

I told you that I was going through a Bible study called "Believing God". The whole premise is most of us believe in God but do we believe God....Do we believe....

God is who He says He is
God can do what He says He can do
I am who God says I am
I can do all things through Christ
God's word is alive and active in me.

Ah, Sovereign Lord, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17 NIV

No one is like You, O Lord; You are great, and Your name is mighty in power. Who should not revere you, O King of the nations? This is Your due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms there is no one like You. Jeremiah 10:6-7 NIV*

(*in case you are wondering NIV are the initials of a certain translation of the Bible. They stand for New International Version one of the more modern easier to read translations)

Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will but born of God. John 1:12-13 NIV

But because of His great love for us, God who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved. Ephesians 2:4 NIV

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 NIV

I can do everything through Him (Christ) who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 NIV

I think I'm rambling so I'll stop. I can't seem to collect my thoughts very well. I was hoping to write something profound but it all seems random.

No comments:

Post a Comment