Friday, August 26, 2005

Friday August 26, 2005

God is so good! Talked to Dad this afternoon. He had been moved to a room and started on a liquid diet. He has a very good attitude. He’s already looking forward to when they can reattach his small intestine. He’s ready to come home. That’s really good. He’s had even more visitors today. He said some of his congregation has been to see him. He had visitors when I called. But I ‘m not at all surprised with all the family that live in that area and people he knows.

I was lazy today. I haven’t felt very good . My throat isn’t sore but it sort of acts like it wants to get that way. Does that make sense? Anyway, I’m trying to not think about it. Went to lunch with my husband to Baris Italian Restaurant YUM YUM! After that we came home and then crashed on the sofa until 4:30pm. Made myself get up as I have to work at Drive Safe tonight. It is 103 today! I watered my poor wilting marigolds while I was on the phone to Dad (like him I can’t be still I have to be doing something). I know the middle of the afternoon is not the time to water but I figure it couldn’t hurt.

Excerpt from my journal December 1999

Daddy I love You. I want to be like You and I don’t care what it takes (Dangerous prayer – God usually answers these!) I trust You. I know You love me and want the best for me. Father increase my desire to pray about things, To pray for the lost, the prodigals. About every aspect of my life. Enlarge my heart for more of You. Make me hungry for Your word. Make me hungry for only You. Father I want You in my every day life. I need You in my every day life.

I am working in you all those things you have asked for and more. Some things you’ve not asked for. This is an area of maturity you need to grow in and that is waiting and learning to rest in the waiting. There is always a time to cease from working. Even land gets a rest from being worked because if its over worked it will not be as fruitful. Enjoy where you are. You are like a child who can’t wait until they’re 16 or 18 or whatever age so they can do such and such. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow up. You only live once this side of heaven. Enjoy the process. Enjoy the journey. Take the back roads and enjoy the view. Watch the sunset, sunrise. Look at the fields of crops, pastures of cattle, the hawk alone on the telephone pole. Enjoy the moment. Be thankful. You will never pass this way again. Savor the moments no matter what you’re doing. Sometimes you need to stop what you’re doing.

      

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment