Monday, August 22, 2005

Monday August 22, 2005

Well, I finally called the hospital to see if I could find out anything about 4pm today. The phone rang and rang. So I tried calling the house to see if my step-mother had gotten home. She had just walked through the door.  She said Dad wasn’t doing well at all. He was talking out of his head this afternoon.  His pulse became elevated so he was moved to ICU for observation. His colitis is worse than when he was in the hospital before. A cat scan was ordered this evening to see if he had an obstruction but none was found. Pockets of fluid were found in the abdominal cavity close to the liver. They believe that is due to the amount of fluids they have been pushing. He’s been catheterized. My sister-in-law who is an RN thinks he may have sepsis based on the info we’ve got so far. Guess we’ll have to wait it out until the morning. My Uncle Alan and Aunt Sharon plan to be at the hospital in the morning to see if they can talk with the doctor and learn more. For now we hurry up and wait and pray!

 

Excerpt from my journal August 1999

 

            My Child why are you hiding?

            I’ve come to walk with you

            In the cool of the day

            My Son, My Daughter where are you?

            I’ve come to commune with you.

            I want to be with you.

            No matter what you’ve done

            No matter how you fell

            The truth is I love you.

            Let Me cover your nakedness

            I will clothe you with righteousness

            Through Jesus I have provided

            The way back to Me.

            My Son, My Daughter where are you?

            Hide yourselves in Me

            Let Me cover you with My wing

            As a hen covers her chicks

            You are My Child and I love you.

            Look to the cross and always remember

            My great love for you.

            Come My Child, come to Daddy

            I am here. I have always been here 
            I will always be here

Hopefully I will have more news about Dad tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment