Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sunday August 21, 2005

I got a call this morning from my step mother saying she and dad spent the night in the hospital in Liberty, MO. My Dad never made it all the way home. He had called the doctor and he said to go to the emergency room. From there it was admitted to the hospital. She said he was really tired and not feeling well so asked that no one call him. I have honored that request and so don’t know anything. I figure I’ll call tomorrow late and give Dad some time to have been seen by the doctor. So maybe there will be some news.

Church was good today. Worship was awesome. The people from Odessa Ukraine spoke. It was really good. He was talking about when you really encounter Jesus you are changed. He said there are people who say they have accepted Jesus and yet their lives don’t reflect that the creator of the universe has come to reside in them. It was very powerful. He gave a call for people who weren’t sure to make that decision today. We had several people come forward. It was awesome!

 

Excerpt from my journal April 1999

 

Father I need You. I can not do this nor do I want to without You. I just want to please You, bring glory to You. I know I need more humility, more integrity, more of You and less of me. I need more compassion. I need Your heart. I want those things that break Your heart to break mine. I give You permission Lord Jesus my King to come rule and reign. Do what You need to do in me to make me more like You. I love you. I want You. I need You in my life. I choose You and You alone.

 

I chose you before the foundations of the earth. I chose you. You are Mine. You will never belong to another again because I have won your heart. You have stood the test. There are more to come. There is more refining, more purifying. You are a mighty oak. Your roots are deep. You are grounded. You are stable. You are firm. Though the winds may blow your limbs and leaves and you may loose some limbs and leaves (this is pruning) yet you will not be shaken or moved. The under ground river is pure, clean, cool and refreshing. You have tapped in. Your roots have reached it. And though you receive refreshment from the rains from above your source is in the deep.


 Grace and peace to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment