Sunday, July 3, 2005

Sunday July 3, 2005

WOW! Church was awesome this morning! One of the best services we have had in a while. The youth group just got back from 2 weeks in Argentina. They shared testimonies and then pastor said anyone who wanted to be prayed for by the team to come up for prayer. I of course wasn't going to miss out. Anything they had to give I wanted it.

Then our elementary age kids (we call them Bucket Brigade) just got back from camp so they had testimonies too! It was great!

I had a co-worker from DriveSafe come to church for the first time. She's 23. It blessed my heart so. She seemed to really be enjoying it and getting something from God. She came up for prayer too!

Keannon's friend Omar who I mentioned in my post yesterday and who's birthday it is today, was really getting a touch from God today. He was crying during the service. One of the elders and a cell pastor went over to him and prayed for him. That was cool too! He's just recently been coming to church and he was raised Catholic. He thinks we're a bit weird but he really likes it and us. I really want to see him come into the kingdom.

After church today I invited him to our house for lunch and BD cake. He was so blessed. I just love this guy and I hardly know him! He turned 25 today. I'm sensing I'm getting "another kid" in my life to be "mom" to. He has parents but they recently moved back to Mexico and what family he has here were all gone for the weekend. So it really was God that I had him over. He's used to being with his family on his birthday and he was kinda bummed. I think I may have helped a little.

Vanessa and Keannon got themselves a dog together. They were at First Monday yesterday (it is a flea-market) in Weatherford. They have been wanting a dog and had decided that they wanted a Blue Heeler. They came home with a 3 month old female. She is adorable. Don't have pics yet but will get soon. She's not registered but can be and they got all they need to get that done. They think they might breed her and sell puppies. They named her Kadince (I think that's the spelling).

Well, I best close...I seem to make longer and longer posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment