Saturday, July 30, 2005

Saturday July 30, 2005

I didn't post yesterday because I cropped at the scrapbook store until time to go to work. I was supposed to meet the farrier (for those who may not know a farrier is a person who trims and puts shoes on horses) this morning at 8am where the horses are. They are being pastured 14 miles from me so it takes about 15 minutes to get there. I wasn't sure how hard they would be to round up so I was going to allow myself some extra time. I planned on leaving the house at 7:15AM. Well, I didn't wake up until 7:25AM. I jumped out of bed hurriedly threw on some clothes and headed North. (I discovered much later after I got back to town that I had put my t-shirt on wrongside out!) I got there and God was very gracious to me after the week I had. I went out in the pasture (36 acres) rattled a bucket of feed and they came right up. Thank you Lord! I had everyone caught and ready by the time the farrier showed up. I needed to take up a roll of film and thought ya'll would enjoy seeing some pics so here goes...



 

Here's Clyde our Quarter Horse being a gentleman while our farrier Curtis is putting shoes on.

 

 



This is Zebbie (short for Zebediah). He's also a registered Quarter Horse. He belongs to the young girl holding his lead rope. Her name is Leslie (pronounced Lezlie) Her parents own the property were our horses are. Zebbie is still trying to get used to the idea of having shoes on his feet so he gives Curtis a little more trouble.


 


As you can see this is a different angle which means he didn't stand still! Leslie didn't like the idea of me taking pictures of her so she's hiding out!

 




 


This is my baby, Blue. He wasn't very nice to Curtis today. He decided to pull back on the rope a couple of times. (Bad Boy!)

 




 


This is Valentine. Isn't he beautiful! He is the color horse I wanted but he's just too short! He's our oldest horse being 20 yrs old.

It takes Curtis about an hour per horse to put shoes on all fours. First he has to remove the old set. In this case most of the work was done for him as I waited to long to call him and all of the horses and at least two or more shoes missing! Then he trims them up and shapes the shoes to their hooves. He does a great job and is very patient with my crew!

Well this post is probably long enough for tonight. I have more pics but will share later of Vanessa's new job and new truck and Doyle's new truck.

This is what the Lord says, He who created you, He who formed you: Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you;
and when you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. Isaiah 43:1-3 NIV

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment