Sunday, July 17, 2005

Sunday July 17, 2005

It is so good to be back! By the looks of everyone's posts and comments all seem to overall have a good week except that you missed me! I feel so special! Thank you all for your sweet comments and well wishes! The trip was good and I believe I accomplished what I had hoped to. Sorry I don't have pictures yet but hopefully by tomorrow.

The night before....

It was Keannon's BD so on top of trying to catch up laundry, pack and remember to double check to make sure I had done everything, I cooked him dinner and made him a cake! Even though he was working he was able to come by for supper.

My mother arrived about 5:30pm. She stayed until about 8pm then went to visit my brother and family since they weren't traveling with us. He lives about 15 miles from me. She got back and I was finally packing. It was 12:30am before I finally crawled in bed!

Day 1

I woke up at 6:30am! (guess I was anxious to get on the road). Doyle worked the night before. He didn't get off until 7am so I told him I wouldn't leave until he got home. I finished packing, mother got up and I went in to get Vanessa stirring (not an easy thing to do!) I began packing the car. That was interesting. Three women, their luggage and a puppy in a Chevrolet Cavalier (my mother's car)! My scrapbooks took up one side of the back seat! My mother had the biggest suitcase of us all! I asked her if she was planning on staying another week! Thanks to my dad and my mother's dad's blood in me I can pack a car! Too bad there aren't any pics of that! We're finally packed and headed out a little after 8am. We stopped at our local McDonald's for breakfast and hit the road! Not knowing how the puppy (Kaidence) would travel I made our first stop in Gainesville, just south of the OK border and Red River. We needed gas anyway. Then we were off again. Kaidence was a very good traveler. All she needed was a bathroom stop every once in a while and an air conditioner vent!

Our next stop was in OK City for lunch at a Braum's and another potty break. We took about 30 minutes and let Kaidence eat and run around a little. Our next stop was in Emporia Kansas were we fueled again. We arrived at my Aunt Sandy's (my mother's sister) at 7:30pm. She fixed us dinner! It was really good! We visited then it hit me...I still have an hour to drive to get to my dad's! Kaidence had done real well on this trip but when Vanessa and I got in the car to go to my dad's she refused to get back in the car! Can't say that I blame her! Finally we get her in and she decides to ride on the dash! I thought that was a bit bizarre! We make it to my dad's at 9:30pm. Now we had to unpack! Bear in mind we carried a 3 ft by 4 ft collapsible cage for Kaidence and all our stuff!

I'll write Day 2 tomorrow and hopefully we'll have some pics! A big thank you to Lisa who Linda told me about for helping me figure out how to get some tunes on my site...not exactly the music I was looking for but I'll keep trying. Thought the "Doobie Brothers" who I used to listen to as a teen, would be fun! Especially singing Jesus is just alright! Cause He is! Some others of you have tried to tell me how to put music on my site but I finally was able to follow Lisa's instructions!

P.S. Hey Mom, if you're reading this you can tell me if I don't tell the story right!

No comments:

Post a Comment