Saturday, July 2, 2005

Saturday July 2, 2005

Hi everyone! Sorry I'm just now posting. It has been a long and full day. First off I got to go riding WOOHOO! . Took my riding buddy Leslie with me. This was her horse's first trip out of the pasture since she' bought him two years ago. We rode  at a friend of mine's place where there is 600 acres! Parts of it are rather rocky too. My horse lost a shoe and cut the bulb on his right front but other than that it was a great ride. My horse is okay. After washing off the wound, it isn't serious. I cleaned it and put some ointment on it. We rode for a couple of hours. After taking Leslie and the horses back I came home and had some lunch then went to town to shop for some shorts for my upcoming trip. I hate trying on clothes. Especially when I don't like what I see in the mirror. I lost 15 lbs last summer and then gained four of it back over winter. I still haven't got rid of those and still need to lose about 15 more! Ugh! It won't happen before the trip! I'll have to get serious about my eating habits. I think I'm exercising adequately. That's the only thing that's keeping me from putting more weight on! Enough of that let's talk about something else!

Anyway, Vanessa's boyfriend has a friend named Omar who is a really sweet young man. He's been coming to church and I found out his birthday is tomorrow so I am making plans to have him over for dinner for his birthday and having cake. I discovered his parents have moved back to Mexico. I'm not sure what it is about this young man but I really have a heart for him. I'm making my "famous" chocolate cake. I guess my Xanga buddies don't know about my cake. It's a recipe that my mother got from a friend years ago and I usually bake it for birthdays and special church dinners. Everyone that has had my cake has begun to request that I make it. Anyway, I made my cake for Omar. I wanted to get him some little something but couldn't come up with what to get. My daughter said he would be happy just to come to dinner and have cake. So I'm going to take her at her word.


This is what happens when we're not home! Mercy (Great Dane) and

Speedy (the cat) soaking up my bed!

Sorry I don't have any pics of my ride this morning. Didn't take time to stop and get a disposable camera. Maybe next time! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment