Friday, July 1, 2005

Friday July 1, 2005

Woo Hoo! We got so much needed rain! Thank you Lord! It didn't come without some damage though. We had some significant wind blow through (about 65 MPH) there is some roof damage through the eastern side of MW. I had cracked my windows when I got to work and forgot about them until right in the middle of the down pour. You guessed it, my seats are soaked! Oh well, I can deal with it. Would rather have the rain!

Sirens of emergency vehicles can be continually heard. Must be lots of things going on I don't know about. Probably some downed power lines too would be my guess. My husband didn't have to work today so he's listening to the scanner.

I'm know as the official "weather person" among my friends and family. When someone wants to know what the weather is doing they call me! I got two calls from my daughter's boyfriend Keannon this morning. He was taking his sister to the doctor in FW for the baby's check up. He just bought a new truck and was concerned about hail. Then my daughter calls me.

I am a weather watcher. I think some of that stems from my days on the farm because we were always watching the weather. Everything we did was based upon the weather. But it fascinates me as well. Alot of time when there isn't anything else on TV, I watch the Weather Channel. I was so excited when I began working for the cable company in 1987 and discovered there was a channel designated 24 hours a day to the weather! The most fascinating thing to me about weather is watching the formation of a Thunderstorm. I like watching the clouds build, the lightning show...I still have respect for it though. I don't like when the wind gets severe. I have lived in "Tornado Alley" all my life. First in Missouri then in Texas but I have never had to go through an actual tornado. I've come close a few times. In Missouri, I remember getting in the storm cellar a couple of times. It had to be really bad for us to do that because those things were scary! One time after we moved to Texas and were living in Alvarado. My brother and I were home alone. My mother was at work, my dad in seminary (school). A storm blew up in the afternoon. It got severe enough that my mother called home and told us to get in the bathroom and cover ourselves with my brother's twin bed mattress. Thankfully it didn't come our way. I've not ever actually seen one though I'd like to from a safe distance but I have personally witnessed the damage it can create.

Our internet service is fixed finally. I didn't get back on last night because I had my "Believe God" class and I was working on my friend's scrapbook. Got four more pages done! I have to work at DriveSafe tonight so I don't know if I'll be on later or not.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment