Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday July 25, 2005

I'm going to take a break from journaling my Missouri trip this post because what happened at church today was so awesome.

I got there as usual around 9:30am. We try to do a sound check. Then we go behind the stage and pray before the services. Our pastor and his wife left for Russia on Monday so they were not in services today. Usually when they are gone attendance is down and things don't go as well. We asked God to fill the void in their absence and meet us. Our worship Leader for this Sunday said she believed that we needed to focus on the "bigness" of God. To declare just how big He is.

During the worship time I don't really know how to explain it but one of the Elders in our church who is very prophetic got up and said he believed there was an anointing for the "Song of the Lord" to come forth. If you don't know what the song of the Lord is...it's singing what God is saying....usually His written word. We had just sang "Did You Feel The Mountains Tremble" which is a warfare type song when we (members of the worship team began to sing spontaneously. I sang several scriptures, so did the other members of the team. Then a woman from our congregation who is usually extremely nervous to just get up and read a scripture in front of everyone came to the front and sang Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold form those who walk uprightly. It's really hard to explain what it's like to be in the presence of the Living God but it is awesome. I really sensed and felt that I personally had some breakthrough today but I also believe we as a congregation also had breakthrough. God is so cool and awesome.

Omar's brother was doing better then yesterday he had a set back. He was having fluid build up in his lungs. Please continue to pray for Omar, his brother and rest of family. I am praying that God would reveal to Omar that He is truly his Father God and know His great love for him. What the enemy has meant for harm...God will make good.

I will resume my travel log tomorrow.

I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High
Psalm 9:1-2 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment