Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Tuesday July 26, 2005

Gosh I bet you guys are thinking...."Does this trip ever end". The good news is Yes! And now that I have taken all week to write about our week trip I have a week's worth of stuff that has happened to tell you about so it will take me a little while to catch ya'll up.

Day 7 Missouri Trip Friday July 14th continued.......

We'll we finally got Mom in the car and her stuff...I think she has the biggest suitcase in the world!! Now try putting a collapsable dog kennel, suitcases for three people and various other items into a truck of a chevy cavalier! It took some manuevering and shoving but I finally managed to slam the truck shut and it stayed!  Now just one more stop of loading and unloading the car before we get home! We leave Blue Springs around 2:45 only about 45 minutes off the schedule I had for us to leave. Oh, well...its is vacation right?! We were be bopping through KC when we had a "close encounter" of the car kind. I was in the middle lane traveling at the posted speed limit of 65. There was a car in the lanes on either side of me. When the car on my right decides he/she (I didn't get a look at who) wants to merge into my lane before they complete are around me! It's God's grace that keep my head cool and I just stepped on the brake allowing the car to make it over without colliding with us. I did have a semi up my butt but at least there was enough distance that wasn't a big problem. It sent cold chills all over me. A little too close for comfort! Thank you Lord for your protection! We finally arrive I forget now what time exactly but we had a wonderful meal awaiting us. Everything was so nice I almost thought we were in a fancy restaurant! Uncle Bob & Aunt Cindy fed us Ribeyes and Filets with baked potatoes and wonderful salad and herb toasted bread. Ummmmm GOOD! My Aunt and Uncle are the ones with the dog named Molly that Kaidence had so much fun playing with so guess what....yes they ran, wrestled, chased, tumbled, ran into people until their tongues were hanging out!

We had a great time visiting. Uncle Bob showed us all the landscaping he had been doing. The yard is beautiful! Sorry I didn't take pics of it. We also looked at a scrapbook that my grandmother (my mother's mother) had. It was very interesting. So we spent the rest of the evening looking at old pictures.

Vanessa wanted to hit the road at 8am Saturday morning. I really didn't think we would get going that fast....and I was right. I was the first one of my crew up. Bob and Cindy were already up having coffee. Mother started stirring...she is usually the early bird. Cindy asked if she could fix us breakfast and I said "Sure!" Then Vanessa got up in a huff...remember she wanted to leave at 8am...its' 8:15 now. Anyway, I told her we'd get there soon enough. Finished a wonderful breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, juice and a really nice bowl of mixed fruit. A breakfast fit for a king!

Before we left we had to get a group picture. Cindy is taking it since she still had her jammies on! She didn't want that recorded!


Uncle Bob, mother, Vanessa and me in front of Bob & Cindy's house.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment