Wednesday, July 6, 2005

Wednesday July 06, 2005

Well, today was cool. After I got off work I went to Baris (the Italian Food Restaurant that my friend owns, who I did the scrapbook for) I gave her the scrap book completed. She looked through it again and enjoyed the new pages I had added since her birthday. She just loves it. I asked her if I might take it with me to Missouri. She said yes. I'm going to let her keep it until Friday then go pick it up again. I'm taking the digital camera in tomorrow to get prints...hopefully I'll have pics for tomorrow's post.

I went with Doyle today to shop for him a new truck. He sold his pickup 3 years ago so our daughter could have a vehicle to drive. (He's such a good dad). Now that we have sold the house and paid off some debt we are now in a position for him to get something different. He's been driving his brothers car which was a 1988 Buck Century. It worked for getting back and forth to work but he wasn't comfortable driving it out of town. The a/c doesn't work either making it unbearable with our weather. He could carry his tool box either which was another inconvenience. Anyway...he bought a truck today. A 2005 Ford F250 crew cab (4 doors) with short wheel base. It's not really the color he wanted but for the price he will grow to like it. I'm just proud he's finally in a truck! He will be much happier now.

I guess I better get off here and do my bible study homework. I'm not sure how but I managed to get behind somehow. It all started last week when I fell behind and haven't caught up yet. So of those "poor choice" things. Spending too much time on the pc or doing something else instead of the study. Ya, know, I was sort of hoping this would be easy but it's not. Imagine that! That's what I would like God to change in me is to fall so in love with Him that I'm not so easily distracted with pc's, TV, riding horses, etc. That I would set my face to be with Him. He's the one who caused me to fall in love with Him in the first place. I just have a hard time occasionally (well more than I really care to admit) that it would be nice if I could really see Him, really feel Him instead of having to just "faith it". I know we're supposed to be a people who "walk by faith and not by sight". I know some people personally that have had an encounter with God so powerful that they were forever changed. That's what I want. That's what I'm asking for. Why He hasn't done that yet, I'm not sure. I know intellectually the truth but I need more of it "in my heart" I want to experience all of Him that I can humanly stand. Am I willing to pay the price? I would like to think that I would say yes but I don't know what that price is? I want to say yes. I always want to say yes to Him.

Sorry I kind of went off the deep end there. Got carried away and then realized "hey, anyone can see what I've written" but it's okay. I don't want to hide anything. I want to be real and genuine. I don't like anything that remotely looks like religion. I want to know Him as personally as is humanly possible sort of like that old hymn

And He walks with me and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

And in Him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. Epesians 2:22 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment