Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Wednesday June 29, 2005

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday. Once again our internet service provider was down! This is getting really annoying. Had I known I would have tried to post from my work computer yesterday. Anyway, I guess I'll not continue my "Valerie Story". There doesn't seem to be much interest. That's okay, if anyone wants to know something about me just ask.

Ya'll will get a big laugh out of this....I got pulled over this morning! One of the ladies from our church who is in my cell group doesn't have a car so she generally needs a way to get to doctors appointments and such. She asked me to pick her up this morning for an eye appointment on my way to work. I had just picked her up and was headed to the appointment when a policeman (no it wasn't my daughter's boyfriend) pulled me over. I had just made a left turn after stopping at a stop sign. I have a tendency to make a "rolling stop" instead of coming to a complete stop. I figured that's why he pulled me over but he actually stopped me for not signaling a left turn! I had to laugh (to myself of course). He gave me a warning and I was on my way. You can bet I'm using my signal every time I turn now even if it's just in the parking lot!. My husband is on duty today too and he probably heard my plate run! I'm sure he'll give me a hard time later!

I don't know about your part of the country but we are beginning to scorch down here. It's bumping up to 100 degrees now on a regular basis. It's actually forecast to be 100 today. And we've had very little rain. We are already behind for the year about 9 inches of rain. Things are starting to turn brown. We have a burn ban in our county that was issued yesterday. Not good news with the 4th of July holiday coming up. I've wanted to go ride my horse but I can only do that in the evening until the weekend and right now I've had something every evening this week. I'm thinking I may go ride Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment