Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Wednesday June 8, 2005

I meant to post last night but had a leadership meeting with the pastor and his wife and was late getting home. The leaders meet once a month to discuss how we are doing, good, bad and the ugly. We also take time to pray for one another and the congregation and any specific individuals that maybe struggling. We also seek God about the direction He wants us as a congregation to go. I always enjoy it as our pastor's wife always cooks us dinner at their home before we have our meeting. It's a great time of fellowship and sharing with one another.

We signed the papers on our house yesterday and received the check! Woo Hoo! So now we can begin the next phase of our journey. I'm trying not to "look at my circumstances" because things look bleak if I do that. Because we weren't always good stewards of our money and got a little greedy for things we accumulated some debt. So we plan to take care of that before we do anything else. Which of course leaves us less to work with. I am reminded of the five loaves and two fish. How much more God can and wants to do for me (now I'm preaching to myself!) Anyway, for those who pray would you pray for us that we would find the land God has for us and that it would happen as quickly as the sale of our house. We have a place to live so we aren't being pressured to find something quickly, just would like it not to take a long time. You would think that as old as I am now and as long as I've walked with God that I would have more patience now....In some ways I do in others well....that area still needs some work.

Oh, give thanks to the Lord for HE IS GOOD! For His mercy endures forever. Psalm 118:29.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory. Ephesians 3:20

I'll post again later tonight. Blessings to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment