Monday, June 6, 2005

Monday June 6, 2005

 Attended our youth fundraiser lunch. The kids leave for Argentina June 16th. Managed to get a short nap in and a 6 mile bike ride. I didn't get a chance to ride it on Saturday so thought I better Sunday. Then went to the ballgame. It lasted FOREVER. It was not all that exciting to me. Score was tied 1 to 1 after nine innings so it went into extra innings. I left at 9:45 and it was just the bottom of the 7th! Took home one of my cell members and then went to see my husband who was on duty at the Fire Station that was across the highway from the ball field. Since this was the season opener there were supposed to be fireworks after the ballgame. I thought I would watch with my husband from the fire station driveway. Well, 11pm rolled around and they were only in the 11th inning still tied! I decided to go home! I can see fire works fourth of July! Doyle said the game ended not long after I left....go figure.


This picture is over a year old (2/04). I am 15 lbs lighter this year and my hair is different. Doyle is pretty much the same.
This was taken at Coronation Vanessa's senior year. This event is bigger than prom. She was co-emcee with another classmate.




Here's another picture of Vanessa in her dress. We spent too much for it but justified it by saying "it's her senior year". I'm still contemplating making her get married in it!

Sorry I don't have that many current pictures. I'll have to work on that. I'm still in the process of uploading pictures to photobucket but while I'm getting a free trial of Premium Xanga I'll use them. But it goes away in a week! So don't be surprised when stuff disappears!

I don't have much current news, wait a minute...yes I do! We are scheduled to close on our house tomorrow which means we can begin to be serious about land hunting now! 

I long for the day I can watch my horses grazing contentedly in our own pasture! Go ride at the drop of a hat. Hear the night sounds of the insects and night creatures as well as be able to really see the stars! To see the sunrise or sunset without the horizon being blocked by another house or trees. To watch as a thunderstorm develops on the horizon and watch the lighting show after dark. To not hear the sounds of people or highway traffic. To smell the fragrance of freshly turned dirt or cut hay. To see wildlife like wild turkey and deer. That's what my heart longs for. Don't get me wrong I like people but I also enjoy my "alone time" very much.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. Make His face shine upon you and give you peace

Goodnight all.

No comments:

Post a Comment