Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Tuesday June 21, 2005

I had a (as Tony the Tiger would say) GRrrreat day! The great part was when I went riding. I went about 7pm as it was cooler. On the ride I saw an armadillo, and my most favorite thing....a deer! I was just in awe! It was so awesome to see and I know that my heavenly Father provided that moment in time just for me because He knows how much I enjoy watching deer! Then to top things off I got to see the most beautiful sunset! God is so good! I really sensed His nearness during my ride! It was way cool!

Well I told one of my Xanga buddies I would tell a little history about me tonight so here goes.

I was born to Warren and Nancy Stephens. We lived in a rural farming community called Cowgill, Missouri population 232. The nearest hospital was 30 miles away. When my parents first married they lived in an old farm house that had 4 rooms and a path! (yep, no bathroom, just an outhouse!) When it was time for me to be born, my dad was in the field as he was a farmer by trade. It was about 4am and mother was flipping the yard light to get my dad's attention! Not long after I was born we moved to a larger farm house that was two story. That's where we lived until we moved to Texas (more on why that happened in another post). I was the only child until I was six when my brother "John Wayne" (no we didn't name him after the movie star - John runs in the family) was born. We call him "Wayne".

As long as I can remember I have loved horses. My parents bought me one of those spring horses when I
was about 18months old. Mom said I never got off it. Many times I would fall asleep on it. 









I'm not sure how old I was when I got my first model "Breyer" horse . I still have it less 4 legs! I was a little rough on it. When I started school the teacher was worried about me because at recess I would get down on my hands and knees and pretend I was a horse! When we would take trips in the car I would look out the window and pretend that I was riding a horse running alongside the car. I would also count how many horses I actually saw as we were driving. We had some neighbors about a mile up the road who had some horses and they are the ones who taught me how to ride (on a shetland pony). I have concluded that if you can ride a shetland pony you can ride anything! The little pony scrapped my leg going around a tree, took me under the clothes line and anything else it could think of but I would stay on!


I got my first horse when I was nine. (I'm 12 in this picture. I spent the summer mowing lawns to raise the money and bought "Billy" a black and white paint Welch pony.

Well, I have lots more to tell but I'll save that for another post.

I'll close for tonight. If you want to know more about me tune in tomorrow for "chapter 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment