Saturday, June 4, 2005

Saturday June 4, 2005

 

Saturday, 04 June 2005

Gosh, my weekend is almost over and I don't feel like I got to do anything. Worked last night and had some tests come in right before I left that had to be graded so didn't get home until 10:30pm (I work 5:30pm-10pm).

Today there was a baby shower at our church at 3pm. Then we went to a friends quinceanera which was supposed to start at 4pm. So didn't get to stay at the baby shower long. Thank goodness I live in a small community and you can get anywhere within 10 minutes! The Quinceanera was an hour late starting! UGH! That is so annoying to me. Could have stayed at the baby shower longer had there been anyway to know. My daughter was in the court. The young lady (her name is Leslie - prounounced Lezlee) whom the Quinceanera was for is the daughter of my dear friend who is letting us keep our horses on their property until we are able to buy our own. The daughter has a horse too so we go ride together. It's been good and fun for me as she is a rookie. She just got her horse two years ago. She's really doing good though.


This is a picture of me and Leslie. She is riding one of our horses (Valentine) as we didn't think her horse was quite ready for this trail ride. There were over 400 riders in it. This was the trail ride that takes place Rodeo week. We rode approximately 14 miles. The full ride is about 20 miles. We got off the trail ride at lunch so that we could get cleaned up for the parade that started at 5pm.

We have a contract on our house in town and if nothing goes wrong will sign papers to make it official June 7th. Then the task of finding a place. It's hard not to be discouraged sometimes though as land is pretty expensive and by the time you put any structures on it especially a house the price really goes out the roof. But I'm trying to believe and trust God that this is His plan for us and "He will make a way where there seems to be no way."

Well, I think I may scrap book a little before the night is totally gone. Tomorrow is church and afterwards the youth are hosting a fundraising lunch for their trip to Argentina. We'll have a little time in the afternoon but then our cell group is going to the Mineral Wells Steam (a collegiate baseball team www.tclsteam.com) game which starts at 7:05pm.TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment