Wednesday, June 8, 2005

Wednesday June 8, 2005

I had a great birthday! Best one I have had in a long time. First my mom started things up by calling me. Then my brother called me. I went to work and had a message on the office machine from a friend from church leaving me birthday wishes. My daughter told me to not make plans for lunch as she was taking me. About an hour before lunch the lady from church that is like a mom to me who calls me "Miss Spunky" came by to bring me a gift and wish me happy birthday. Then another lady from church had a birthday yesterday and Momma Irene (I call her) wanted to leave her gift with me when I saw her at lunch. And I said "what lunch?" She said "oops". So now I know something is up. Vanessa comes by to get me and as we drive up to the restaraunt I begin to see vehicles I know. When we get inside there is a table with 10 ladies from my church throwing me a party! I got $95 dollars in gift certificates to the local scrap book store! The cooler thing is, the lady who owns the scrap book store came in to see me and brought me a gift certificate from her to her own store....how cool is that! I am so blessed! Then someone brought a huge cake. Everyone sang to me and then all the the waiters and waitresses came over and sang Happy Birthday to me in spanish (yes we were in a mexican food restaraunt). Doyle was on duty today at the fire station but he and his party came by to say hello.

After that I went home....after pigging out for two days in a row I knew I need to excercise so I got out my bike and rode 7 miles. Then after cooling off I went to the scrapbook store and spent some of my money. The scrapbook store had two albums I wanted. The cover is horses. 

I found these on the web because I was looking for some albums for pets. When I found it I told Cathy who owns the scrap book store. The cool person that she is she order them for me along with some others. These albums are even prettier in person. I have plenty of horse pictures to fill both of them. I also wanted an album for dogs and cats. They make one that's just cats and just dogs and they also have an album that has both. I have enough dog & cat photos to fill an album too. You can found out more about these albums by going to their website.

After church tonight my daughter and her boyfriend wanted to grill hamburgers for me on the grill. Yum Yum! Right now I have a house full of kids as my niece came over who is 16 and some of her friends have come over to hangout. I have 6 extra people at my house! Vanessa had gotten a movie for me to watch but alas there's too much racket going on to hear it so guess we'll have to put that off until another night when there's not so many here.

The only thing I didn't get that I usually treat myself to is watermelon! I am a a HUGE watermelon fan and usually keep on in the refrigerator while they are in season.

Well, goodnight to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment