Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday, 11 January 2006

Hey Everyone! Hope it has been a good “mid-week” for all of you. Mine is so-so. I finally had the house all to myself this afternoon! I didn’t feel like doing anything really. I worked on my scrapbook a little while. Got four pages done. Should have been outside. It was gorgeous weather. Spent some of the afternoon asking God what songs He wanted me to do this evening. Finally settled on “Lord Reign in Me”, “I Am In Love With You”, “I Could Sing of Your Love Forever” and “I Will Offer Up My Life”. I think worship went pretty well but I don’t like to be the one to judge especially if I’m leading. The teaching was good also. Pastor has had the teaching the last two Wednesdays. He’s been talking about discipleship. Some of the things that really stuck out to me is

 A disciple is a learner

Being a disciple means being committed.

Disciples of Jesus got to see Him perform miracles.

Jesus will reveal Himself to those who are committed to Him

Jesus reveals understanding to life’s situations apart from the “crowd” I have to pull away if I want to hear from Him.


Are you known as a disciple of Jesus?

Do you have love for one another John 13:35

Do you love your brother 1 John 4:20-21

Do you keep His commandments 1 John 5:1-3

 

Do you want to become Jesus disciple?

Do you want to learn from Him John 9:27

Are you warming yourself “by the fire” John 18:15-18

Are you hot or cold? Revelation 3:14-22

 

Jesus is standing at the door and knocking. He will restore all of us who will open the door.

Keannon found out today that his truck was totaled. The insurance is going to pay what he owes on the truck and a little extra. The decision now is what to get. He really wants to move out from his grandmothers. He really wants to buy a house. But he can’t do that and make truck payments on his own. He wants to have a house for when he and Vanessa get married. They aren’t in a hurry and they are, if you know what I mean. They both want certain things to happen first. Vanessa says she wants Keannon to have a house before he gets her a ring. Anyway, I’m saying all that to say he was thinking about buying a motorcycle as his primary mode of transportation and look at getting a pickup down the road. I personally am not to crazy about motorcycles. Have seen too many people get hurt and killed for those things. I do understand where he is coming from. Bikes aren’t nearly as expensive to buy or operate as a vehicle. They were asking for my input. I told them it sounded like a good plan. I could tell they had both thought about it a lot and talked about it. They have also gotten other peoples input. I just told them I didn’t want Vanessa riding with him on it. If they went anywhere together to take Vanessa’s truck. Even though they have asked my opinion, they seem pretty set in what they want to do. We’ll see. They did say they would continue to pray before they make a decision.

Well, it’s getting late. I told myself I was going to try to be in bed an hour ago because of prayer in the morning at 6:30AM. I guess I’ll be sleepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment