Sunday, January 22, 2006

Sunday, 22 January 2006

Does anyone hear me singing the “Hallelujah Chorus"? It rained!!! I was awakened at 2:30AM by thunder. It had been so long since I heard it I thought I was dreaming! I couldn’t quit saying “THANK YOU LORD”. It isn’t enough of course but at least it’s a start. I don’t really know how much rainfall we got as I don’t have a rain gauge up but about an inch. You’d think as much as I watch and pay attention to that type of thing I’d have one wouldn’t you?! I had a real nice one from The Weather Channel that belonged to my FIL. I got it when he passed away. It was a large cylinder with a smaller cylinder inside. The rain would accumulate in the smaller cylinder up to one inch. Any extra would spill out into the overflow. To accurately measure the rainfall you pour out the smaller cylinder and pour from the out cylinder. I’m sure this means absolutely nothing to you! Anyway, I love this rain gauge. Well, I forgot to empty it one time when the temps were near freezing and cracked the inner cylinder so it won’t hold water. I tried to get another one but I guess The Weather Channel doesn’t make this type anymore as I haven’t found it. Hey, maybe I should check Ebay. That’s a great idea. I’m going to do that! Most of the small (rinky dink as I call them) gauges aren’t very accurate. I gave you that entire little spill to explain why I don’t have a rain gauge! Sorry guys!

Our family home group (cell group) went to the Christian School this afternoon to fulfill our commitment. We had hoped to do some painting outdoors but the weather wasn’t conducive to do that so we worked inside. We washed walls, replaced broken floor tile and secured loose ones in the bathrooms. Changed out broken and stained ceiling tiles and put missing feet on chairs. We also changed the air filters. We worked for a couple of hours. Came home and watched the rest of the playoff game between Denver and Pittsburg.

That’s all to report for now. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment