Saturday, January 7, 2006

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Went to breakfast with my friend Jean this morning. We decided to go to Weatherford to eat at I-Hop. We don’t have one here, just little cafés which are okay except the one we liked to go to sold recently. We had a nice time together. Got back home around 12:30PM. Did a few loads of laundry and this time I did my ironing as I went. Should have went to ride my horse it was so pretty again today. I hate them being so far away. I am going to earnestly begin my search for something. It’s really hard not to get discouraged. Country living isn’t what I remember it being growing up. Most people typically by 5-20 acre tracts. Which means in the long run that you still have pretty close neighbors almost like you do in town. That is not what I want. I want to be far enough from a major road that I can’t hear vehicle traffic or people’s voices. I just want to hear the sound of the birds, frogs, coyotes. The sound of my horses eating grass and snorting . I want to hear the sound of the owl, wimperwill and bob white. I want to hear the sound of the wind blowing through the trees and grass. Ahh…the sound of peace and quiet! A rarity these days. Makes me sad. I think the days of living in the country the way I did as a child are forever gone. At least they are unless we can buy enough land that we don’t have neighbors within 100 ft of us! That would mean buying at the least 50 acres or more! And land is so high! It wasn’t 10 or 15 years ago. People are slowly but surely moving out west of the city. Weatherford is already overrun with people and has outgrown it’s infostructure. Traffic is horrible. They now have nearly all the stores that I would go to in the “big city” (meaning Fort Worth) which is 45 miles away. The only thing they don’t have yet is a mall and that probably isn’t far away. I’ve lived long enough now that I can say “I remember when….there was nothing there but pasture!” And I know it’s coming to Mineral Wells because we now have a SuperCenter… a Tractor Supply is coming, so is a Chili’s. Everywhere I’ve ever been that there was a Chili’s it was a pretty big community. It’s not that far away.

 

The place I imagine in my mind that I would like to have is 100 acres with trees, hills, some clear pasture. With a creek running through it and a stock tank (Texan for pond). I want at least a three stall barn with a place for hay and feed storage and tackroom. The house I would like to have either three large bedrooms or four. I know Vanessa will be leaving before long but it would be nice to have a room for Doyle and office and me a scrapbook room! The scrapbook room could double as a guestroom for when Vanessa and Keannon (should they marry) can come visit with my grandkids or anyone else who might choose to come see us. I would like to have a wraparound porch but if not that some type of porch where I can sit and watch my horses grazing or playing in the pasture or just enjoy spending some time alone with God marveling at His wonderful creation. I would like the house to set off the road a ways. I would prefer it to not be viewable from the road but if not then back off the road a ways. I don’t like houses that are sitting right on the road especially if it’s a graveled one for a couple of reasons. One reason is because of pets. If the house is close to the road, they are more likely to get in the road and get run over. Secondly because of dust and privacy.

That’s my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment