Thursday, January 12, 2006

Thursday, 12 January 2006

Doyle and I looked at property today. We had each made a separate list. We did have some of the same addresses listed. We drove south, west and north. We didn’t go east because we want to stay in the county we currently live in. Mineral Wells sits at the eastern edge of our county so it was pointless to drive east as far as he and I were concerned.

It was a little disheartening. The pics on the websites looked different when we were there in person. Three different places I thought would be promising once we got there the areas were junkie, or had neighbors very close by or were on a major highway….not conducive to quiet or safety of pets!

I did get Doyle to go look at the place I’ve been eyeing for several months. It is way out of our price range. It is a 4bd, 2ba, two story. It sits on a knoll of a hill so you can see a long ways. It’s on not quite 38 acres. There is only one neighbor that is close…being the down side to the place. It does need to have a lot of work done to the land as the previous owners have let the brush grow up. Probably will need some fence repair too. It sits off the road a bit and is hidden by trees from the road (big plus for me!) Sorry I didn’t take any pics. Didn’t have my thinking cap on! The only way I can see that we can buy this place is if God does it. We didn’t look in the house as we just took out on our own and didn’t involve a realtor.

I know it’s still very early and we have just started seriously looking. I did find out that my husband was looking more than I realized. He has noticed places for sale while he’s driving an ambulance and then looks into it further when he has time. I shouldn’t have been surprise that he had been doing a thorough search but I was. I didn’t think he was doing anything but once again…I was wrong. I need to quit fretting so much and trust God. I don’t have to trust my husband (though it’s better when you do) but God does require that I trust Him!

That’s all the news on the “home front”.

No comments:

Post a Comment