Friday, January 6, 2006

Friday, January 06, 2006

Yesterday was interesting. I was getting ready to leave the office when Keannon called me to see how soon I was coming home. He needed to borrow the flatbed trailer and needed something else from inside the house. I finished up what I was doing and headed home. He gets the trailer and whatever else he needed and took off. He calls me about 30 minutes later and asked if I will look for his sunglasses. He thinks he left them lying on the bumper of the pickup. I looked, in the yard, outside the yard, down several streets and didn’t find them anywhere.

 

I decided to go visit one of my friends who teaches at Community Christian School. It was her conference period so she didn’t have any students. I ended up being out there a couple of hours. Before I left the school I got a phone call from Vanessa telling me Keannon was in a wreck. He thought he totaled his truck. He pulled out in front of someone. He wasn’t wearing his seatbelt (I know…he’s a police officer and he should know better….and yes I preach to him every chance I get). His brother was riding with him and the force of the impact threw Keannon over on top of him. He hit his head pretty hard and evidently knocked him out for just a few seconds. Keannon called me a little later and he said “I think God got my attention today about wearing seat belts.” I sure hope so. To help explain why he doesn’t wear one; as a teenager he and his girlfriend at the time were in a severe car accident. She was driving and she was killed. She was wearing a seat belt. So in his mind it doesn’t matter if one wears a seat belt or not but I think yesterday changed his thinking. At least that’s my prayer that it does! I’m just glad he’s okay. We saw pics of his truck today. It’s really messed up. The whole front end was nearly taken completely off! Keannon said the air bags didn’t deploy either. God was obviously looking out for him.

 

This evening Doyle and I invited some friends from church to go eat this evening.  I want to do a better job of hanging with members from our little home group we lead this year. We went to eat at a place called New York Hill Steak House. It’s located on interstate 20 about 40 miles from here. Don’t know where the name came from. It’s in the small community called Thurber (www.thurbertexas.com) which many many years ago was a coal mining town. Across the highway is a smokestack which is all that remains of the “old days”. Not far from there is another restaurant called “The Smoke Stake”. After dinner we came back to Mineral Wells for coffee at H2JO’s. We had a great time!

 

 http://x7e.xanga.com/889b17104933327408782/z19264166.jpg

 

This is Speedy. He made himself comfy in my "clean" laundry basket! I obviously didn't get this focused very good. His eyes are not different colors, its just the flash reflecting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://x3a.xanga.com/fe3881060653027409740/z19264760.jpg

Kaidence and her "horse". Can you see how she has nearly chewed off one leg! She finally gutted it (pulled all the stuffing out of it. You can see some of the stuffing on the floor in this pic) She has also learned to "pose". Everytime she sees me with the camera she stops and looks at me. Usually a little too close but she seems to know what I'm doing.

 

Well, will close for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment