Sunday, January 8, 2006

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Services were good today. Several people were out but worship and the message were very good and challenging. One of the songs that stuck with me today was Jesus, You Alone.

 

Jesus, You alone shall be my first love, my first love

The secret place and highest praise shall be yours, shall be yours

 

Day and night I lift my eyes to seek You, to seek You

Hungry for a glimpse of You in glory, in glory

 

To Your throne I’ll bring devotion

May it be the sweetest sound

Lord this heart is reaching for You now

So I set my sights upon You

Set my life upon Your praise

Never looking to another way, Father

You alone will be my passion

Jesus, You will be my song

You will find me longing after You

 

Jesus isn’t always my first love but I want Him to be.

I don’t always bring devotion to Him but I want to.

I don’t always reach for Him but I want to.

I don’t always set my sights upon Him but I want to

Sometimes I do look to another way but I wish I didn’t

Jesus isn’t my only passion but I want to be most passionate about Him

Lord, may You always find me longing after You. You are the one who caused me to fall in love with You. You are the one who drew me. Please don’t leave me where I am but take me farther with You. Make me into a “lover of God”. So much so that I don’t care what other people think or say. “Take the coal, cleanse my lips, here I am.”

I had an incident happen this week that has really disturbed me. I blew an opportunity to share Christ with an individual who I’m pretty confident doesn’t know Jesus. I work with her at Drive Safe. She is about my age. She recently discovered a lump in her abdomen. She has gone to the doctor to see what it is. She was supposed to go back this past Friday to get the results. She was being very light hearted about it all but I wondered if that might be a cover for how she really feels. She made the comment that she was probably going to hell but she wanted to look the devil right in the face anyway. I was flabbergasted, horrified might be a better description. Either way I was stumped. I wanted to say “wouldn’t you rather see the face of Jesus? You can ya know”. But NO!  All I could say was I’ll pray for you! How lame is that! Well, that’s not lame but I could have said something else that would have been more beneficial. I have asked God to forgive my cowardice and asked Him to give me another opportunity to speak the life and love of Christ to her.

 

On a lighter note, here's some pics.

 

http://x08.xanga.com/f99891572553127920131/z19606529.jpg

Remember the "horsey" Vanessa bought Kaidence for Christmas. Well here's what's left of it!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After church was over I came home and this is what I opened the door to.

http://xfe.xanga.com/a38b1550c213327916424/z19603848.jpg

 

This is right as I opened the door and is in front of my computer desk.

 

But wait....there's more!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://x93.xanga.com/7afb05575573227917563/z19604659.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

This is looking from the living room into my hall way. Disregard the peeling paint on the doorways.

Hold on there's still more!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://x87.xanga.com/3f588a551643027918192/z19605111.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

my kitchen the way I found it.

 

See the horsey I threw in the trash!

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://x0c.xanga.com/78ab2557d5c3427918669/z19605458.jpg

 

 

 

 

Looking from my kitchen down the hallway toward the bedrooms.

 

 

 

This is the work of the "Tasmanian Devil" aka Kaidence! Vanessa, once again did not kennel her and this is the consequence! I was so angry! I called Keannon and Vanessa. They both came to the house and cleaned up the mess before they went to lunch. I had food in the trash can in the kitchen and she proceeded to help herself!

That's all the excitement for now! That's enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment