Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday, 30 January 2006

Hi all! I spent part of the afternoon sleeping. I was so tired. Mainly because I was up late Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. After church yesterday I went to my friend Teresa’s to crop. I didn’t get home until around 11pm. My daughter was home so stayed up until 12:30AM trying to catch up with her and get a quick post in on Xanga.

The speaker gave us lots of stuff to think on. It wasn’t really new information but it was presented in a fresh way. Here are some of the notes I took. Hope you can get something out of it.

We let circumstances define us. (I would but my husband or I would but my kids)

The most dangerous thing we can become is a victim. Being a victim can be very satisfying. Not many people feel sorry for you. You feel sorry for you. That is how we drop our inheritance on the ground is having a victim mentality.

We must be women of strength and  dignity

We need to learn how to deal with the truth about ourselves.

We must have a heart that’s open

Look for ways to build one another up. We need to nurture the call and gifts inside each other.

Don’t be too spiritual – don’t be fake.

The most dangerous place to be is in denial about my marriage, who I am and other relationships.

Real dignity and strength comes from truth

Can people come to me and tell me the truth?

We distance ourselves when we burden ourselves.

Dealing with truth requires me to change

Avoiding and ignoring truth is the most dangerous thing I can do.

Be open to truth and not in denial.

 


Here's some of the ladies inside our cabin in front of the fireplace. Back row L to R me, Shelia Fleenor, Angie Wright. Seated L to R Darla Lemons, Jean Anderson and Nancy Lynch. Nancy leads our women's ministry and is the wife of an Elder. Jean is one of my dearest friends. She is a member of my family home group but will soon be leading her own in a couple of weeks. Darla is another family home group leader.



Here's a view of the fireplace. No it wasn't cold but it just wouldn't be a retreat without a fire!

The woman on the left is Dru Sell. She is the woman who just moved here from Ohio. The woman on the right is Irene Purcell, her mother and the woman I call "Momma Rene" She's the one who gave me the nickname Miss Spunky.


 


These two are sisters. On the left is Naomi and her sister Megan who is married to the pastor's son. She and her husband are in my home group.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The woman with the Texas Tech shirt is Perri the Pastor's daughter and youth pastor's wife. The other lady is my friend Kelly.

 

 

 

 That's all for tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment