Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Wednesday, 12 October 2005

After I posted yesterday my husband came through and gave me a print out of his devotional yesterday. He said, “I think my devotional was more for you than me, though it’s for me too.” I thought it was really good so wanted to share with you. Here’s what he gave me.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

When Life is more than you can handle, embrace your weakness. Don’t continually give your mind to the battle of life; it will overcome you, “for to be carnally minded is death.”

Embrace before God your inabilities; I can’t figure this situation out, I cannot overcome this sin, this is more than I can take. Of course you can’t, that is why Jesus came to the world as God’s good news. “For man it is impossible; but for and with God all things are possible.”

“Come on”, Jesus said, “come to Me and I will give you rest.” To live in the vanity, the emptiness of your own mental power, brings the element of death into you. Agree with God, you can’t, He knows it, so openly agree with Him that you can’t but He did overcome the world. Then the love, the power, and the soundness of mind He promised will make itself evident in your heart and mind. Just embrace agreement with Him, tell Him as it is for and in you, believe it is as He said, and have a blessed day.

 

Lord I do agree with this devotional. It hits me right between the eyes. I am weak, I can’t do it myself and I need you!

Rather uneventful day. I coasted and didn’t do much. At least not around the house. I rode my bike today instead of walking. I needed to pickup a roll of film I had processed so rode my bike instead of burning that $3.29 a gallon diesel. I lead worship tonight and as usual God came through. The people seemed to be worshiping and that was the goal.

Here's some pictures from Rodeo Week in May.

 

My two favorite people!

Doyle is a member of the Palo Pinto County Sheriff's Posse. This club works the concession stand each year and sets pivots for the grand entry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Queen warming up her mount (Clyde - a registered Quarter Horse) The breast collar (the piece of leather across the horse's chest) and the red blanket were some of the prizes for winning the title of Queen.







 

 

 

Me and my horse!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Everyone have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment