Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Tuesday, 25 October 2005

Hey all! Another exciting day here on the home front….NOT! Gosh I almost didn’t post because I don’t think I have anything interesting to say. At least not that ya’ll would be interested in…but then is that the reason I do this…for all of you…or do I do this because it is a place I can express what I feel, think, dream, rant, share joy? I think it’s a little bit of both. I’ve discovered that my Mother keeps up with me more through the website. She says I share more on my website than when we talk. It’s hard to think of all the little stuff that happens everyday. When you only talk every couple of weeks. 

Got my bike ride in today (6 miles). While I was out I did stop by my favorite store (Cat’s Scrapbooking) and visited a little while. Came home and did some ironing (UGH).

Have any of you ever read the book “God Chaser’s” by Tommy Tenney. Great book and very challenging. If you haven’t read it I encourage you to do so. The book has been so popular that Tenney developed a Daily Meditation & Personal Journal companion to his book.

I had the journal given to me (two copies in fact) as gifts. I started one but didn’t stay hooked up. I decided the other day to get it out of my bookcase and start using it again to get me “jump started”.

The very first sentence of the first devotional says this: “Repentance prepares us for His presence. In fact, you cannot live in His presence without repentance.” 

I began to ponder or think about what repentance means. I think I have a pretty good understanding but I decided to look up scriptures with the word repent or repentance with my simple concordance from my Bible. One of the verses I looked up was from Matthew 3:2 where it is recorded that John the Baptist came preaching “repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.” (Jesus was also recorded as preaching this same message.) My Bible is a study Bible which has notes and definitions of words. In this verse the definition of repentance is a decision that results in a change of mind, which in turn leads to a change of purpose and action. This verse was my favorite in my search Romans 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of His kindness, restraint, and patience, not recognizing that God's kindness is intended to lead you to repentance?  I love that! It’s God’s kindness that leads us to repentance….not Him threatening us! In fact if we feel threatened, I can assure you it’s not God!

Well, that is enough for tonight. I don’t want ya’ll to think I’m “preachin’ at you”.

Hope everyone has a great evening and wonderful day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment