Saturday, October 8, 2005

Saturday, 08 October 2005

Me and my “Blue Man” (I’ve always called my horse that even though his real name is Blue Boy) had a great ride yesterday! The weather was awesome! Sunny and around 67! We rode about 8 miles round trip. Even got briefly see some deer (at least the back side). Their big white tails straight up as they bounded off! They are so beautiful and graceful. I was thanking God for such a wonderful experience! After that, I went to my nephew’s football game. It wasn’t a very good game. My nephews team got run plum over! 47 to 0! But it was good to visit with my brother, sister-in-law and nieces. I started back home and Vanessa called me. She was still at the store getting ready for our city’s annual Crazy Water Festival. Mineral Wells is known for its mineral water (duh!) Supposedly history records that a woman who was considered crazy drank the unusual water and got better! Therefore the name Crazy Water! That’s the story in a nutshell. Very little nutshell I might add! The store had a booth there so she was gathering stuff to take. I stopped by the store to help her as all the store’s employees had gone to the Mineral Wells football game because it was homecoming! I helped her fold T-shirts and put together a display rack for her. I finally got home a little after midnight. I had been gone since 3pm yesterday afternoon because where the horses are is on the way to where my nephew plays football. The dogs had been home all afternoon alone and they were ready to see someone.  Then Vanessa wanted to talk…it was after 1am before I finally got to bed.

 

Vanessa’s alarm went off about 6:30am. I waited and waited but I didn’t hear anything so I finally got up to make sure she got up. She was supposed to meet employees at the store at 7:30AM to gather the stuff to put in the booth. I went back to bed and dozed off then I heard Doyle come in around 7:45 from work. I got up to have coffee with him and make breakfast. Before I could get my first cup of coffee, Vanessa called. She had left something at the house she needed. So…I got dressed, Doyle changed out of his uniform and we head to meet up with Vanessa. We then went to the new coffee house H2JO’s and had coffee there while we watched vendors set up their wares. We stayed and watched the parade. Then went home. I made breakfast. I had hoped to take a short nap but that never came together. About 2pm we go back to the Festival to walk around visiting people and eating the only stuff you can get at a festival like tator swirls, funnel cake and corn on the cob! Keannon worked the police department booth. He asked us to bring Kaidence when we came so took her by to him.

We headed back home as I had to work at DriveSafe tonight

I’ve included a link to see the pictures of the page layouts I did at the Scrapbook Retreat.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8BYtmTZs0cukg

I am including a link to pictures of Vanessa’s Rodeo Album. If some of you have seen it you need to look again as I added several more pages. It is now complete.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid%3d8BYtmTZs0cusA'

I’m calling it a night. I am so tired I nearly fell asleep sitting in front of the computer. I told Doyle today I really need to get my priorities back in proper order. Everything seems to be spiraling out of control!


Hope ya’ll have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment