Wednesday, October 5, 2005

Wednesday, 05 October 2005

Hi Everyone. Sorry I haven’t been on much. I have been so tired from the retreat. That’s the down side to “over 40” you just don’t bounce back like ya used to! Not to mention I’ve been very busy. Monday evening we had the second service of the Presbytery. Tuesday was spent doing the “Wally World (Walmart) Run”. Once you buy it you have to put all that stuff away. Keannon called me just when I thought I would rest in between buying groceries and attending the monthly Leadership meeting last night. He and Vanessa wanted spaghetti for supper. He said he would fix it if I would show him how. I had less than an hour to do that! So needless to say I started it as soon as I got off the phone with him.

 

Just as I was leaving the house to go to my meeting I received a call from the “Quilters” group that meets at our church every Tuesday night. They couldn’t get the front doors unlocked. I thought that was strange. I went by the church before heading out to pastors house. Sure enough, my key wouldn’t unlock it either so had to go through the office. Not sure what happened but today when I tried the doors opened fine!

 

We had scrumptious sandwich fixings and goulash soup. Yum Yum. We top off our dinner with organic caffeine free coffee! We settled in the living room for our meeting. We talked about a few upcoming events and some very serious situations facing our church. In the middle of that Vanessa called me upset. Her and Keannon had gotten into a “knock-down-drag-out” fight (figuratively speaking). It took me about 15 minutes of listening and talking to her to get her calmed down. We spent the next two hours praying for the serious situation and some other prayer requests (such as Keannon & Vanessa) we had. I got home a little after midnight! Vanessa was still up so went into her room to see if she still wanted to talk. I was right. It was 1:30AM before I got to bed! UGH! Lord help me! Things are better today. Vanessa & Keannon have started counseling sessions with our pastor and wife. They met for the first time last week. Vanessa felt like she heard God that she was supposed to marry Keannon but she realizes that because of both their pasts they need help working through some things before they decide to live the rest of their lives together. I sure wish I had her head on my shoulders when I was her age. Things would have been way different I think. I am very confident that God will have His way in both their hearts whether they stay together or not.

 

Vanessa and I went to Baris Italian Restaurant today to buy a gift certificate for Cathy (of the scrap book store) and her husband. She took the day off today to go to the dentist, eye doctor and get her hair done. I wanted to do a little something to show my appreciation for all the hard work and cooking that was done! Then took it by to her with a “Thank You “ card. She hugged my neck! She has been in this store for a year now and has never gone there to eat! The owner of Baris is the one I made the scrapbook for of our horse riding days together. While I was at the store, I had to buy something (well, at least I thought I did). She had lots of 12x12 paper on sale half off (of 59scents). I decided to stock up (you know you can never have too much paper – so croppers will tell you!). I bought 64 sheets of paper ($20 worth with tax) Not too shabby!

 

We have a cold front that should arrive here between 7 and 9pm. Low’s expected in the lower 60’s and high tomorrow in the upper 60’s. Quite a change from what we’ve had. Forecast is to get down to upper 40’s Friday night! Have a shot at some much needed rain too! I am definitely going riding on Friday. Probably could tomorrow but I have to work at Drive Safe and it’s really hard to get off work at 12:30pm, eat lunch drive 15 miles, ride and get back in time to be a work by 5:30pm! I’d rather ride when I’m not on a time schedule. Makes things less frustrating and stressful for me that way.


No comments:

Post a Comment