Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Came home from work today and cooked lunch. I bet my husband was surprised! I don’t usually cook lunch just dinner. The main reason is I don’t like being in the kitchen all day! It was mostly out of self-defense as I didn’t want a sandwich and I didn’t want to go out to eat so…I cooked. Well, if you can count opening cans and packages cooking! I did boil and mash the potatoes so I guess that is cooking. I had breaded chicken patties. I usually bake them in the oven but I knew Doyle would want gravy so fried them. Had mashed potatoes and green beans. It’s Wednesday night so I’ll fix breakfast taquitoes for supper after we get home from church.

Walked my two miles today or there about. I went a different route than what I have previously measured but I think it’s close to the same if not maybe a little more. I took Kaidence with me. I felt bad as I was leaving because Mercy was standing at the glass door looking at me mournfully as I walk away with Kaidence. I do good to take one dog walking much less two and then I have to deal with people’s dogs that are loose! Oh that irritates me so bad!!! Our part of town is notorious for having loose and stray dogs! We do have laws about that but it’s not strictly enforced. I guess it would be if I would complain. I don’t want to complain I just want people to pen up or chain up their dogs! Today I had 4 come at me all at once. I had a stick and yelled at them. I made enough commotion that the owner came outside. If I just walk by myself the dogs don’t bother me.

I went and got my hair trimmed today. I wanted to get that out of the way so I wasn’t waiting until the last minute. We have that fund raising Banquet to go to on Nov. 10th for MJBI (Messianic Jewish Bible Institute). Some time I need to make myself go shopping for something to wear! My closet consists of mostly casual wear. Western jeans, shirts, and broom skirts. Can’t tell you the last time I wore panty hose…well yes I can it was at the banquet last year! I wear pants and skirts to church but always where my boots! I own one pair of heels and those are from last year’s banquet too! If I can I may wear the same thing. It’s just that I’ve put on some weight and I’ve not been brave enough to see if I can wear it but I better do something pretty soon. I hate shopping. No, I don’t hate shopping, I hate trying things on! You get dressed and undressed a hundred times and then what makes it worse is if nothing fits or you don’t like anything you’ve picked out!

Well that’s enough ranting about that!

The devotional I had today out of my God Chasers Journal was really good. Food for thought:

There is much more of God available than we have ever known or imagined, but we have become so satisfied with where we are and what we have that we don’t press in for God’s best. God is moving among us and working in our lives, but we have been content to comb the carpet for crumbs as opposed to having the abundant loaves of hot bread God has prepared for us. He has prepared a great table of His presence in this day, and He is calling to the Church, “Come and dine.” (underlines my emphasis)

John 6:57-58 He who feeds on Me will live because of Me. This is the bread which came down from heaven….he who eats this bread will live forever.

Revelation 3:20 Behold I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him and he with Me.

Lord, I don’t want to settle for crumbs. I want all that you have for me. Don’t let me be content or satisfied but keep pressing on toward the goal which is You. I want to hear Your voice. You said “Your sheep hear your voice” so Lord I ask you to tune my ears to hear and recognize when You are speaking. Lord, have Your way in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment