Sunday, October 30, 2005

Sunday, 30 October 2005

Services at church today were not our usual. Which was really cool because in my time with the Lord this morning I was asking Him to not let things be “as usual”! We moved into a time of spiritual warfare with our worship. People came forward and gave testimonies or read scripture. One guy came forward who’s been visiting for several weeks now. He said he had been seeking the Lord but it seemed everyone else was getting something but him. That everyone else seemed to be way ahead of him. I could so relate to him. People came forward to pray for him and one of our leaders came and got me. ( I was on the platform with the worship team playing guitar) He said “you need to come down here and pray for him because you have been were he is”. I said “I still am”. So I went down. I was standing behind him praying for him when the pastor’s wife came down and moved me to the front of him saying “I believe God told me I was supposed to move you to the front of him.” Then Pastor Kirk handed me the microphone. I told him he was not alone that I felt the same way. Then before I realized it I began prophesying over him and praying for him. All during the worship service I was getting a couple of scriptures going through my head. Just bits and pieces. Being one who likes to know exactly where the scripture is and exactly what it says I began looking through my concordance to see if I could find it. The two phrases I was hearing was “the enemy melts like wax in His mighty presence” and “He was riding on a white horse and written on his thigh was King of Kings and Lord of Lords".

Once I found it I held on to it until there was a place I felt like in the service that I could share. The first phrase came from Psalms 68:1-4 NKJV

Let God arise, let His enemies be scattered; let those also who hate Him flee before Him. As smoke is driven away so drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, so let the wicked perish at the presence of God. But let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice exceedingly. Sing to Go, sing praises to His name; Extol Him who rides on the clouds, by His name Yah, and rejoice before Him.

The other scripture was in Revelation 19:11-16 NKJV

Now I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

It was a real neat time indeed. Thank You Lord for Your presence and stirring up Your people.

Tonight we had our annual Church hayride. We don’t hold fall festivals because several churches in town do that. It was fun. Had to use a grill to cook hotdogs as its so dry that there is a burn ban county wide. We’re 12 inches behind in rainfall for the year.

Found out yesterday that Doyle’s Aunt passed away (his mother’s sister-in-law). The family is holding graveside services tomorrow. Not what I had hoped to do tomorrow but guess I will anyway. The family isn’t very close and the only time we seem to see anyone is when there’s a funeral.

Excerpt from “God Chasers” and Daily Meditation & Personal Journal by Tommy Tenney

What you really need is Him. And the way to get Him is to get hungry. If we can get hungry, then He can make us holy. Then He can put the pieces of our broken lives back together. But our hunger is the key.

Good things have become the enemy of the best things. It’s time for you to make your life holy. Quit watching what you used to watch; quit reading what you used to read if you are reading it more than you read His Word. He must be your first and greatest hunger.

Lord, You aren’t always my first and greatest hunger. I ask that you do that in me. Cause me to desire You more than anything on this earth.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they will be filled. Matthew 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment