Thursday, October 13, 2005

Thursday, 13 October 2005

I am so loving this fall weather!

After work today I went by the Scrapbook store to see my buddy Cat (Cathy owner of the store). She just spent the weekend in Las Vegas at a Scrapbook Convention. She said it was awesome and it was hard to not come home with everything! She said she has several new things coming in. She was really pumped!

The scrap book retreat was such a success that she has scheduled another one in March. I've already set aside my money and put it on my calendar!

Had to work at Drive Safe tonight. They have cut our hours so I got off at 8pm. It's hardly worth it to work 2 1/2 hours twice a week. It's supposed to only last until business picks up but I'm not sure that it may be confirmation to me from the Lord that it's time to give it up. I'm still being prayerful but I'm thinking about quitting. Doyle says I can quit if I want. I was thinking I would at least work through the end of the year but I don't know. It's looking more and more appealing to quit sooner than later.

Vanessa called me. She needed me to bring her something from home so jumped on my bike and rode to the store (only about a mile). Then went by and visited my cell member Sherri who is temporarily in the nursing home until her foot heals from surgery. Then came home to get ready for work.

After work I stopped at Baris Restaraunt to visit my friend Nancy (the one I made the scrapbook for). Had good company, good food, and good conversation. It had been several weeks since I had seen her.

Since my computer crashed I did have some files backed up but they weren't recent. I did have my bulletin and newsletter on a cd. I was using the other computer in the office which is running on windows 98 to get those things done. I re-saved the files back to the cd and tried to load them on my new computer. The computer wouldn't even recognize that there was any data on the disk! God finally gave me the idea to email the files from the computer through my hotmail account to the new computer. Guess what! It worked! Well, of course it worked. It wouldn't have been God's idea if it didn't work. Thank you Lord! That has eased my frustration alot!

Thought you might get a kick out of this photo. Vanessa's hair is so silky fine, thick and straight. It takes an act of congress to get her hair to curl and then stay that way. We fixed her hair each night for rodeo. We used hot rollers. Each strand I sprayed and then rolled. She would leave the rollers in until we got to the rodeo then would take them out and spray, spray, spray! Her hair did stay better but most of the curl was gone by the end of the night! Here I caught her outside checking on her horse I had brought to town for that night's performance. The chair in the background that is painted in the colors of the Texas flag my husband did that! Isn't he good?!

 

Hair spray one more time!

 

 

 

  

 

 

 The finished product!

Doesn't she make a great Queen?!

  

 

 



Good night everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment